Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:25:34 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: 84 make over « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 84 make over  (Read 2596 times)
2ML67
« on: October 29, 2009, 06:51:03 pm »

Been doing a lot of work on my 84 Fiero so I thought I would put up some photos of what is being done.
So far I replaced the body with black 86 GT Fastback panels and installed a 1989 Nissan 240 SX dash using 95 Sunfire gauges that operate off the 3800Sc engine I have.
Over the winter I am converting from auto over to manual so while every thing is apart I am redoing the suspension with all polly bushings and new struts and shocks.
I already converted the front brakes to Grand Am rotors and calipers and on the rear I have Grand Am rotors with Caddy calipers so I still have an e-brake.
I am also redoing the ugly 84 engine fire wall wiring to clean things up by removing the factory C500 and using a connector from a Taurus that is cleaner looking and has plenty of pins to do the job with many left over in case I want to add any thing else later on.
This is the new firewall with heat reflective cover installed and most of the wiring done. Dan
2ML67
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 06:52:37 pm »

I also moved the fuel pressure regulator as I am running series III rails and had to mount a series II regulator some where and did not want it down by the fuel filter like some do. Dan
2ML67
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 06:54:26 pm »

Of course going manual means I had to make an extra dog bone brkt for the fire wall as I like using dual dog bones on manual 3800SC swaps.
I will be making my own poly dog bones once the engine is in to make sure they are the proper length. Dan
2ML67
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 04:45:18 pm »

Finally picked up my new tranny (thanks again Gary), cleaned her up and put on a fresh coat of paint. Dan
2ML67
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 04:46:51 pm »

Now she is bolted up to the engine so I can work on my mounts so I can get this baby into the car and running.
If every thing goes well she should be running by next weekend depending on how fancy I get with the exhaust. Dan
2ML67
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 04:53:08 pm »

Mods to the engine at this point is L32 rods and crank, diamond pistons, stage III heads, heavily ported lower intake manifold, ZZP NIC cam, double roller timing chain, true roller rockers, Northstar throttle body and LQ4 MAF.
Mustang manifold on the fire wall side and modified stock manifold on the trunk side that will be connected to the Magnaflow muffler through 3 inch piping with the cross over going under the engine to allow for room for the 4 speed shifter assy at the tranny end.
Right now I just have a 3.4 inch SC pulley but I have a 3 inch ready to go on next summer when every thing is done and any bugs taken care of.
At this point I am awaiting 42.5 lb or higher injectors and a few small things to finish her off. In the end I am really hoping for 400 HP at the wheels but not sure how much the tranny will like that. Dan
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 05:23:51 pm »

Nice work, speedy.  All I managed to do was get the stuff we left laying around into the garage and load the engine into the hulk and send it off to hell!   Afro
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 09:31:38 am »

I am really hoping for 400 HP at the wheels but not sure how much the tranny will like that. Dan

Are you keeping any spare axle shafts at-the-ready this time?   Grin

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
2ML67
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 01:49:55 pm »

Just finished firing her up for the first time today. Still have to finish off the exhaust but other then that she is done and running quite nicely.
At first I thought I had a few plig wires mixed up as she is idling quite rough but after tripple checking and doing a full scan it is not the plug wires or any thing wrong just a little too much cam.
Hopefully with some tuning I will get the idle a little smoother but for now it sounds like a cammed up SBC from my old F body days. Dan
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 10:52:46 am »

Hopefully with some tuning I will get the idle a little smoother but for now it sounds like a cammed up SBC from my old F body days. Dan

Nothing wrong with the sound of a lope-ing idle!   Afro

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
2ML67
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 02:45:50 pm »

Personally I like the sound it is the cops and smog police that I am trying to avoid and that sound attracts them. Dan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: 84 make over « previous next »
Jump to: