Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:22:12 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Non-Fiero  |  Topic: FS: 1968 Mustang « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FS: 1968 Mustang  (Read 2282 times)
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« on: July 30, 2007, 09:56:36 pm »

1968 Ford Mustang

It's essentially a stalled restoration project.  I've owned the car since the early 90s; it was in my father's hands for a few years prior to that.

• 200 cubic inch L6
  • 3-speed manual
  • power nothing   Cool
  • four wheel drum brakes   Shocked Smiley
  • ~77,000 miles

The engine could use a cleaning & tune-up, but given its age and the relatively small amount of attention it's received, it starts and runs well.  Dry compression is ~150psi on all cylinders.  The transmission & rear end are well-matched to the engine, and she'll give a surprisingly confident launch even on those skinny old bias ply tires.

The seat upholstery is in near-mint condition.

A variety of body parts have been replaced over the years.  In no particular order: front lower valence, front fenders, floor pans, seat pedestals, and rear springs.

She comes with an assortment of new parts, including rear bumper, door sills, front wheel well inner splash guards, and some of the "running horse" emblems.

The body is where most of the TLC is required.

Parts of the sub frame at the front of the floor pans (called "torque boxes" I think) need to be re-built.

The floor pans were installed with a combination of rivets & brazing torch, which resulted in ripples along the center tunnel which need to be hammered out in order for the seat pedestals to mount properly.

The rear quarter panels appear to have received multiple, thick bondo jobs from previous owner(s), and IMO should either have the wheel wells cut out and replaced by someone who knows how to work sheet metal, or the entire quarter panels replaced.

The floor of the trunk needs repair where it rests over the frame rails, as well as the rear mounting lip for the fuel tank.

The rear-most 18" or so of the frame rails should be re-inforced or replaced.

That should cover most of the major items.  There are a number of little things which should be taken care of as well such as odd keying, incomplete headlight wiring, brake work, and probably things which I'm forgetting.

...so if this hasn't scared you off yet, check out the slide shows below.

Asking $1,800 or best offer.

Slideshow 1 - Slideshow 2

Available separately, is a 5.0L V8 and 5-speed manual tranny from a 1983 Mustang GT.  Mileage unknown.  The tranny shifted smoothly the last time it was in service.  The engine is currently disassembled in preparation for a rebuild.  $100 each, or $150 for the pair.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 05:21:03 pm by dguy » Logged

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
indypacecar
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 09:13:06 am »

What kind of price do you have in mind Don?   That will be a verry nice car someday       Sean
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 06:53:53 pm »

New asking price of $1,800, negotiable.

2ML67
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 10:11:28 am »

Hmm that would make for a nice project to keep me busy between 3800SC swaps, but there is my policy of no fords allowed in my drive way. If I was to instal a nice LS1 Chevy Corvette engine into it would that make it ok to be in my drive way. Have to think about this for a while. Dan
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 05:21:43 pm »

The extra engine & transmission have been sold.

...the car's still here though.  Done thinking about it yet Dan?  Wink

MacPhail
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 11:03:10 pm »

C'mon, Dan.  Buy it!  I would love to see you do the engine swap and get this baby on the road!!!!   Afro

Cheers, Derek
2ML67
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 08:15:04 am »

That would make for a very nice ride but I think I will have to pass on this one. Dan
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 05:36:15 pm »

Sold!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Non-Fiero  |  Topic: FS: 1968 Mustang « previous next »
Jump to: