Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:08:01 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: some work in progress « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: some work in progress  (Read 2869 times)
Boy-z
« on: July 17, 2002, 07:21:11 pm »

I called a place call auto parts extra and asked for some parts front shocks he qouted 88.00 each and struts for rear he quoted 157.00 each I told him I want our company discount and I would pay cash so he then qouted 35.00 each for shocks and 80.00 each for struts. I also asked for the best stock rotor's I can get he said cocst 152.00 for front my cost 82.00 and 95.00 for rear my cost through company 60.00 so I fell that is pretty good what do ya think also a friend at work said he can have them crossed drilled for me for a small fee.... so I am going to go for it next week already got the frist part now the rotor's. If someone needs some thing and I can price it also for you through our company discount let me know... I will be glad to help.
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 09:42:46 pm »

Wow! now that's a discount.  Cross drilling the rotors is really only an appearance deal on a street car.  Don't expect any improved performance.  On a race car the holes allow gases to escape but you'll never get them hot enough on the street to make a difference.

Sounds like a sweet deal though, and they do look nice. Can this guy get Eibach lowering springs at a good price?
Gary
FieroDough
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 10:17:47 pm »

Can you buy rear struts on my behalf?

Boy-z
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 02:01:47 pm »

TO GARY I WILL CHECK ON THE SPRINGS WHAT ARE THEY FOR........AND ERIC THE REAR STRUTS SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM THEY ARE FOR CHRISTINE RIGHT.. LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WANT THEM.
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 08:36:10 pm »

Karl: The Eibach springs are to lower the Fiero.  The set we should use lowers it .8 inches according to the maker.  I believe there are two models (sport? and ?).

I think they retail about 450.00.  It's a set of 4 (frt and rear) 84-87 Fiero (all)  I can maybe get a # if you need it.

Thanks a lot.
Gary
Boy-z
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2002, 09:29:53 am »

Gary I called the parts place and they cannot get lowering springs at all, they are not on there inventory list sorry man.
Boy-z
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2002, 09:45:58 am »

Gary I talked to a Guy at work he also works with KAOTIC CUSTOMS yes gary that is Kaotic not Canada Customs so relax. I askhim about the lowering kit and he said yes it is.8 and it is the pro kit retail about 450.00 like you said and the best he could do is 390 to 410 plus tax. not much off a savings there. but a little.anyway buddy that was it so see you at HOOTERS!!!.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: some work in progress « previous next »
Jump to: