Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:33:09 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Project Work Logs  |  Topic: Notchie to GT rebody. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Notchie to GT rebody.  (Read 12654 times)
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 10:27:30 pm »

Got a few things over the winter for my project. Here's a picture of the short shifter I picked up. I'm trying to come up design for a custom shift knob for the top of it.

I also got tinted quarter windows and 16" Cavalier rims. Will post more pictures soon.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 09:56:15 pm »

Shift knob....I love mine.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 09:46:37 pm »

Got my new tinted quarter windows on today. They fit not bad. My plan is to tint the side windows as well.

Before

After
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 09:12:17 pm »

Finally got my freshly painted grills installed. Took me a while because I had to make up a custom bracket at work. I'm to busy making other peoples parts!

Joe Fieroshop
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 06:03:31 am »

great work....
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 07:23:10 am »

Thanks Joe, I'll hopefully get back to it this summer. I've been busy building a new house for the last year. Now I will have a nice place to work on it insted of my drive way!   Afro
falcon_ca
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 10:20:01 pm »

What was wrong with the blue GT frame ? rusty ?

"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."
Restoration Formula
4.9 Ongoing project
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 07:29:59 am »

The frame is not too bad its a little weak in the frame rails by the engine, could be welded. Not real rusty, the previous owner had a turbo 3.8L which was a little much for it I think.
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 09:25:24 pm »

Still doing work on the house. Have not driven the car much this year. It broke down on me once. I had to rebuild the distrbutor. Now I think I have a charging/ battery problem.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 11:56:40 am »

Still doing work on the house. Have not driven the car much this year. It broke down on me once. I had to rebuild the distrbutor. Now I think I have a charging/ battery problem.

Sounds familiar.   Smiley

We parked our 85 last fall after a timing chain/gears failure, and haven't touched her since.  On the other hand a basement renovation project may finally be finished this fall.    Cheesy

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
2ML67
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 02:10:28 pm »

Boy life must be rough when you do not wear pants, cars always come before home renovations because in the end the female always gets the house and the only thing the guy has left is his car. Dan
falcon_ca
Fiero Know-it-all

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 09:33:10 pm »

... and the pant  Wink

"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."
Restoration Formula
4.9 Ongoing project
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 09:49:26 pm »

Pulled the cover off last weekend. Took the rear wheels off, struts out, wheel liner out. Looks like sitting in my garage for 7 years has not been kind too the old girl. Upper frame rails have rusted a bit. I will probably pull the rear clip off after I drop the cradle to get a better look.

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2017, 11:59:59 pm »

I hear what you are saying.  I don't even want to think about all the problems I might have after the long sit.  It's mostly engine issues I'm worried about.  Gaskets and water pump and such.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 07:45:41 pm »

Cradle dropped, engine and trans out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Project Work Logs  |  Topic: Notchie to GT rebody. « previous next »
Jump to: