Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:26:34 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Sightings  |  Topic: Southern Fieros « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Southern Fieros  (Read 1463 times)
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« on: June 27, 2006, 09:24:38 am »

Saw three this year, instead of last year's one.  Smiley

Yesterday, a white & winged notchie near the south end of the bridge between "mainland" New York state and Wellesley Island.

On the 22nd, a neglected black notchback partially disassembled & burried in weeds off the side of highway 28, about 15 minutes south of the intersection of highways 28 & 74 in North Carolina.

On the 18th, a red notchie having some fun somewhere near the south-western end of Virginia.  Twisties & hills...  'nuff said.   Afro

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
MacPhail
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 09:38:15 am »

Did you stay in NC?

I once spent a week in Nags Head, NC.  Got to see a couple of wild horses just north of there (forget the name of the town).

I'd go back there some day for a vacation.

Cheers, Derek
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 10:44:59 am »

Did you stay in NC?

Yep, in a little place called Maggie Valley.  Take Westport, put it in the foothills of some real mountains, lose the seasonal yuppie cottagers, and you have Maggie Valley.

I'd go back there some day for a vacation.

If I might make a recommendation...

Find a place to stay near the NC/TN state line, around the Knoxville/Asheville area.  Beautiful sightseeing/driving area, and if you take the Fiero you're only an hour or two from Deal's Gap.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
MacPhail
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 11:14:12 am »

I really, REALLY liked the ocean view we had though.  I think that is what I liked the most...sitting in the hot tub with a single malt scotch and listening to the waves.  OH...and crabbing late at night after too much scotch, running around with a pair of tongs, while another person manned the flashlight and another a bucket to try and catch them.   Afro

What is "Deal's Gap"Huh??

Cheers, Derek
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Sightings  |  Topic: Southern Fieros « previous next »
Jump to: