Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:15:19 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Clutch Line Needed « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clutch Line Needed  (Read 1596 times)
34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« on: August 12, 2005, 08:21:57 am »

I am in need of a short section of clutch line, specifically from the master cylinder to just before where the line goes through the floor in the front compartment.  Doesn't need to be perfect, but I do require the nut for the master as well.  Hope this is clear enough.  If not, I can take pics.  Thanks!

tyler...
2ML67
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 10:21:36 am »

Hey look another person who should have taken a better look in my storage sheds, have a complete line in good shape off an 84 I stripped. Dan
34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 11:13:05 am »

Will the complete line fit an '88?  I need this for my formula...

tyler...
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 12:18:21 pm »

Yep, it'll fit.  The end at the m/c will need to be bent slightly to meet the m/c's port, but that's the only "complication."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 01:47:54 pm by dguy » Logged

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 01:13:22 pm »

Run new ones, bend them yourself.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 04:40:11 pm »

I have no problem bending up new lines myself, but I'm still going to need a new nut that screws the line into the master.  The previous owner really mangled this one up.

tyler...
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 09:38:26 am »

Make sure that the line going into the slave actually reaches all the way in and will tighten on.  I found that when I put mine together it didn’t fit right (would not tighten up all the way).  I had to take it back apart and add an extra spacer between the bubble flair and the nut to get the line to reach the bottom of the hole.  Apparently a lot of people have problems but don’t put 2 and 2 together, therefore end up with a leak they can’t fix.

You should be able to get a replacement nut a UAP, but make sure it’s long enough.  Or grab one from someone here.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Clutch Line Needed « previous next »
Jump to: