Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:15:01 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Ralley stripes « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ralley stripes  (Read 1591 times)
2ML67
« on: June 16, 2005, 03:22:04 pm »

Considering two stripes over the top of my car starting at the front with the Sunbird turbo hood vents and continuing that width over the top and down the back. They would be in silver matching the hood vents. Opinions please. Dan
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 04:44:42 pm »

Too narrow at the size of the vents.  You might put a pinstripe along each side to visually pick it up.  That's just me....

I'd do 1 wide one from the crest to midway down the rear fascia.

Pshop in the works for the visually impaired.
GoFast88
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 07:57:01 am »

Most of the stripes that I have seen are fairly wide and they look good. The Ford GT40 comes to mind.   http://www.me.mtu.edu/~prater/carpics/fords/GT40/gt40_4.jpg
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 08:02:44 am by GoFast88 » Logged
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 08:57:29 am »

I'd have to see it first, or at least a PhotoChop.

To date the only stripe jobs I've seen (and liked), are on 70s & older muscle cars, where I find that a well placed stripe or two fits the character of the car nicely.  OTOH the big wide stripes that I see on every fifth or so current sport-compact are just plain goofy to my eyes.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 01:24:42 pm »

if the hood vent is large enough I think this looks really good.

Pic froms Norms build on PFF

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 09:22:13 am »

Wide styles
2ML67
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 08:32:01 pm »

Ended up deciding on some graphics down side of car instead. Put them down the side above center molding may not be for some but I like it. Now considering having some thing made up for door below molding. I was looking at the Indy with its decal and was thinking of some thing similar like "3800 SUPER CHARGED" or something like that, what do you think. Maybe we could come up with some thing like "OTTAWA FIERO CLUB" or some thing for the doors for our cars.
Need another project too much time to think can be dangerous. Dan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Ralley stripes « previous next »
Jump to: