Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:23:31 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: 90 Vette front brakes F/S « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 90 Vette front brakes F/S  (Read 4173 times)
fiero308
« on: April 11, 2005, 09:00:27 am »

"Alledgedly" from a 90 vette C4; I can't tell for sure; calipers and caliper BRACKETS (!!)
note - the brackets are almost impossible to find!!  These are for rotors that are about 3/4" thick - NOT the 1+" thick ones.  (if that helps)

reasonably clean; good shape; I believe they could be used as-is; $150 for set of 4 items. (Check the price of rebuilds)  Can get the rotors too (for fitup/measuring etc)  but not sure they are worth using; they are a consumable anyway. Good for anyone planning a vette brake upgrade.

LMK; PM or email.

EDIT: subject to prior sale........
gp
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 09:05:45 am by fiero308 » Logged
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 03:39:08 pm »

Do you have these in your posetion?  Are they the heavy duty or the standard duty? (I think the heavy duty ones have 13" front 12" rear rotors or something)  I really don't know anything about the Corvette calipers because I haven't done too much digging into it yet.

I do need these calipers but I want to make sure they are the right ones.

Set of 4 means front and rear?

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
fiero308
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 03:49:58 pm »

hi Aaron
only the front calipers and the brackets that hold them; the brackets are actually the tough things to find. The rotors are 12" so I guess these are std duty.  They appear to be about 3/4" thick rotors.   So two calipers and two 'brackets' (and the rotors if you want but I don't know if they are any good.
I don't have them right here so can't go out and measure them at the moment; a buddy is trying to sell them too.
gp

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 04:21:59 pm »

What do you mean by brackets?  Do you have a pick?

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
fiero308
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 04:29:16 pm »

this piece; most of the cars seem to have them now; well.......GM anyway
guess I am not spending as much time at the wreckers as I used to.......
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 04:37:14 pm »

Sorry but I have another question, are these two piston calipers?

fiero308
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 04:43:57 pm »

yeah; on one side only; so the caliper slides inside that bracket
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 04:56:43 pm »

If it's not too late, I'll take them.

Aaron

fiero308
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 05:28:30 pm »

ok I'll chase my buddy on these asap then.

let you know.

gp
fiero308
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 07:28:29 pm »

well they just sold yesterday (sunday); sorry Aaron; somebody bought them up with a few other items.

they have been for sale for a long time and I guess the spring weather made the difference........?!?!!?  Guess I should have tried here earlier, but really haven't had much luck selling anything here so I didn't bother.

will keep my eyes open just in case.
gp
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 11:05:31 pm »

Awe...those were a great upgrade!  You should have posted them here earlier!  Those were the fronts that sold....still have rears? (where there any?)  I'll take those if Aaron doesn't want them, that is if they haven't been sold.  Wink

I pieced together all the bits for a front upgrade a few years ago.  Those caliper brackets can be tricky to find, GM still has a few in stock kicking around.  I Keep staring at them here on the office floor in the parts-of-joy box.  Just have to get off my lazy butt and machine up some adapter brackets and maybe some center rings.  Can't beat the price really, twin piston aluminum PBR calipers....pad guided design....nice setup on a Fiero even if you run a 1" thick by 11 1/4" rotor on top.  I'm planning to see how this works with the GA on the rear using a stock MC.  Worst case, I think I have a MC from a Blazer somewhere that measured out larger by some amount that I've forgotten now that its been that long since I even remember looking at it.  Cheesy  I think it was a stepped bore too, even better.  Should be a better alternative for that....fun working with off the shelf parts tho.
fiero308
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 07:56:29 am »

........... Guess I should have tried here earlier, but really haven't had much luck selling anything here so I didn't bother..........
gp

Unfortunately, that is how it has gone, so I figured that non-essential stuff would be even worse.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 01:15:28 pm »

Those were the fronts that sold....still have rears? (where there any?)  I'll take those if Aaron doesn't want them, that is if they haven't been sold.  Wink

I'm not looking for rears right now, but I don't think he had the rears anyway.

I'm not in a hurry for these things so no biggie

Aaron

Joe Fieroshop
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2005, 10:06:59 am »

This is what I've been playing with. Right now I have the rear done and am working on the fronts. I have customer with a 1998 Z24 that I'm doing a N/A 3800 swap with a T-3 turbo intercooled. I purchased these calipers from SSBC and tried them on the 12" conversion kit for the Fiero. Currently I have the 11.25 " kit for the Cavalier and Fiero but will also like to have a 12" kit available too. This guy wants the full out looks and bling parts, but I'll have kits made with all standard run of the mill reasonably inexpensive components, thier be opptions for those who want them.

Joe
Joe Fieroshop
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2005, 10:09:25 am »

This is the pic of the Cavalier Z24 11.25" kit.

joe
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: 90 Vette front brakes F/S « previous next »
Jump to: