Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:43:37 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Pictures  |  Topic: My project « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My project  (Read 6597 times)
PhilTheThrill
Fiero Owner

« on: January 27, 2005, 11:01:44 pm »

Hey new to this website but ehre my project. its an 84 fiero and ive been remaking the body out of fiberglass. anyways tell me what u think its not done yet and needs alot more work. It looks a bit different now but i need to take new pictures.
GNFIERO3.8
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 10:01:12 am »

not my style, but nice work! must have been time consuming so far
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 01:34:37 pm »

Something you will have to be careful of is the angle of approach.  If it’s too low you will have problems with driveways.  I already have problems with some driveways with my stock GT (body only) lowered 1”.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
PhilTheThrill
Fiero Owner

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 10:35:25 pm »

Hey  i know its not to everyone taste but heres updated pictures its starting to look more like a car. comments awould be apreciated on it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 10:39:07 pm by PhilTheThrill » Logged
MacPhail
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 10:41:09 pm »

I'd wager that front lip will be gone the first time driving over a speed bump or sidewalk to enter a parking lot. 

Will you be putting on really fat tires or wheel extenders?

Cheers, Derek
PhilTheThrill
Fiero Owner

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 10:46:27 pm »

im not too worried about the front its higher then it looks in pictures and I am also very careful when it comes to speed bumps since m ysaturn is lowered too. im going to go with 8 inch wide rims (225-235 wide tires)  in the front and 10 inch wide in the rear(between 275 and 295) most likely these ones http://www.aewheel.com/eagle_alloy_wheels.cfm?id=19 with adapters i have they should fit the fenders just right
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 06:20:04 am »

Okay, I'm speechless!!!!!!!!!!!  Shocked

Well, not really.  The nose doesn't fit my tastes.  That's a shitload of 'glasswork!  Keep  it up.

YESSS  Someone not sticking 24" rims on.  Stay with 15's and deep, deep dish.  Nice!

Too late, but  http://www.rqriley.com/frp-foam.htm
I also have a Kit Car issue with an article for using signboard for a one-off design.

Gary
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 12:37:55 pm »

Nice to see it coming along...

...though I think you're gonna need an industrial strength vacuum to de-dust the passenger compartment.   Grin

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
PhilTheThrill
Fiero Owner

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 01:14:45 pm »

Actually i tired that method with foam in the front since it was too flat when i originally did it. but  ididnt really like that method. etiehr way there going to be alot of sanding needed i know it looks like all body filler but once in done sanding it should show mostly fiberglass.

As for the dust it is a big problem I try to mop the garage everytime i sand.  The interior is going to be redone nothing fancy i was thing of mostly pained metal panels some autometer guages and 2 nice seats and some parts of the dash covered to prevent injuries.
Kitten
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

Unofficial Ottawa Fiero Club shutter bug

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 01:12:53 pm »

I like  Afro

It reminds me of an older muscle car.... very kewl!!

The excitement is in the curves.

Lead, Follow, Or get out of the way.
PhilTheThrill
Fiero Owner

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 01:14:48 am »

Hey got a few new pics. Taillights are wires up there covette led ones oval shaped. also have 2 wheels both 15 by 8 thinking of going with 7 inch in front. currently im working on the doors and trying to get teh clutch to work properly.
MacPhail
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 10:18:07 am »

I like those rims!  Where'd you get them? 

Cheers, Derek
PhilTheThrill
Fiero Owner

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 03:02:12 pm »

They are american eagle 028 i got them at FCP in montreal (www.magsandtires.com) but teh rims arent a standard fiero pattern u will have to get adapters or change the hubs and they have a huge offset i dont think they would fit a normal fiero.
Kitten
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

Unofficial Ottawa Fiero Club shutter bug

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 12:58:34 pm »

neat.... the rims remind me of ones I've seen on small toy pick-up trucks....

it's coming along nicely Afro 

The excitement is in the curves.

Lead, Follow, Or get out of the way.
PhilTheThrill
Fiero Owner

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 09:21:02 pm »

Hey It's  been a long time since I posted because life has been so busy.  From graduating from university to buying a house, finishing the garage, and building a deck, it has not left me much time to work on the fiero. But now that most of my other projects are done im going to be working more in hte garage.  

I recently purchased an alero which I will be swapping the ecotec engine into the fiero this winter.  Any tips on the swap or help with be greatly apreciated, anwyays here are some new pictures.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:27:11 pm by PhilTheThrill » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Pictures  |  Topic: My project « previous next »
Jump to: