Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:24:45 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: info « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: info  (Read 1680 times)
Whytewolf
« on: September 01, 2004, 01:21:42 pm »

Hello,I will be buying a fiero next spring,i'd like to know if a t-top can be installed on one if i cannot find one that already has one..

Thank you
Kitten
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

Unofficial Ottawa Fiero Club shutter bug

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 01:30:55 pm »

First t-roofs on fieros are very rare... I can't remember the exact numbers but there were not many made.  As for having a t-roof put on a fiero, well it probably can be done but it wont be cheap or easy.

The excitement is in the curves.

Lead, Follow, Or get out of the way.
Fiero_power
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 01:45:44 pm »

First t-roofs on fieros are very rare... I can't remember the exact numbers but there were not many made.  As for having a t-roof put on a fiero, well it probably can be done but it wont be cheap or easy.

I'll second that.  If your going to buy one without a t-roof you'd almost be better to just do the convertible conversion which goes for about 3-4K.

Anyways, welcome aboard.
Joe
Whytewolf
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 01:57:24 pm »

Thank you Smiley
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 02:36:59 pm »

Fiero T-tops were done usually on a dealer order plan by C&C I believe.  About 2500 were modified, not a lot left after close to 20 years.  Kits and parts are pretty rare (seals, etc).  Your option is to try to modify a t-top from another car or scavenge parts from a wreck.  Bits do sometimes crop up for sale.

The underside should be strengthened like a convertible along the rockers.  Not a difficult job.  It seems a lot of work and if it was for me, I would take the time to make a targa top.  An early 90's Sunbird convertible header panel will fit the top of the windshield.  Targa kits for vans and trucks are available thru the aftermarket. It would need to be modified, but probably not a lot more trouble or expense than t-tops.
GoFast88
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 12:02:13 pm »

There was an article on Pennocks in which the guy installed on in a weekend. The guy must have been on the ball cuz it would have taken you or I a week or 2 to do.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 01:59:31 pm »

Targa kits for vans and trucks are available thru the aftermarket. It would need to be modified, but probably not a lot more trouble or expense than t-tops.

Damn, I never thought of that.  If I ever get the car to the stage where I can do body mods just for the fun of it, a targa top is high on the list.  Was going to design it from scratch; never occurred to me to hunt down a kit which was "close" and modify the kit.   Roll Eyes

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: info « previous next »
Jump to: