Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:20:50 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: 3.4 DOHC f/s « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3.4 DOHC f/s  (Read 1636 times)
FieroBUZZ
« on: November 03, 2004, 08:01:05 am »

If anyone is interested
http://www.oqcgp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11240
GoFast88
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 10:40:46 am »

sure looks shinny eh. He is selling his so that he can/has dropped in a 3800 into his ride.   
2ML67
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 11:58:04 am »

The 3800SC L67 is definetely the better way but those 3.4's were no slug either just very large and tight fitting in the Fiero. If someone gets it as I posted earlier there is a Z34 Lumina in the wreckers in Peterborough that has this engine with the 5 speed standard still bolted to it. The motor is most likely toast but the tranny could be easily rebuilt. Dan 
fiero308
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 06:07:05 pm »

well i asked and got a first reply back; he is asking $750 for the pkg withOUT the trans......
This IS interesting but the mileage, at about 165,000 is a bit higher than I would care for myself, I think.  I already have two (ok, 1.95 ; )  ) of these thing collecting dust, so that is probably enough.....

he is in Berthierville which is about 45 minutes EAST of Montreal; won't ship but says he will drive an hour or two as above....
I have asked a bunch of questions and will post whatever responses i get back, in case anyone is interested. 

This engine, by the way, is a Gen II type so will be with an auto trans and corresponding ECM chip ONLY.  Not an insurmountable issue but something to mention.

will post anything else if/when he sends it.
gp
fiero308
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 07:53:57 pm »

ok I got a bit more info from the seller; here it is, copied and pasted:

".....Yes the engine is already out of the car, tranny still attached to it but it would only take a few minutes to remove.And I still have an engine hoist so it makes thing easier to put in a pickup or trailer or whatever!

Engine is ready to run, have all accessories (A/C compressor, alternator, starter, power stering pump,MAF,front and rear manifold with crossover pipe, downpie was cut about halfway but very easy to weld the new system to it, the 2 lower engine mounts,ICM, coilpacks....I might have forgotten something but if you have questions just ask!!), all sensor are there and the wiring harness is still connected to them. The wiring harness is cut at the firewall though, but it's only about 25-30 wires to trace down and I do have the C-100 diagram as well as the PCM pinout diagram.

I do have some other parts I was trying to sell separetly:

dogbone+bracket:25$
fuel pump:50$
Power stering lines: 40$ for the set of 2
1996 MAF:45$
upper & lower rad hoses:10$
coolant heater metal hose (that goes from the TB to the firewall):10$ ...."

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: 3.4 DOHC f/s « previous next »
Jump to: