Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:30:47 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Looking for a complete 3.4 ready to install « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for a complete 3.4 ready to install  (Read 1693 times)
blutes
« on: November 03, 2004, 11:02:40 am »

Anybody know of a good complete engine ready for installation? I've already put in a call about the other Quebec engine posted. Any leads would be appreciated... thanks!
Brian   blutes@storm.ca
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 12:26:21 pm »

Brian, there is (was) a 3.4 TDC at Ed's near Arnprior.  It has been there a while  but when it arrived it was the cleanest shiniest motor I've ever seen in a yard.  The guy who brought it in said it ran okay.

It would have to be looked at, but then any unknown TDC/ DOHC should be gone through to check for faults before installing. Cheap insurance to do the belts and tensioners in the cam drives as it IS an interference engine.  A belt breaking can wreck a lot of innards fast.

They offered it to me last spring for 300.00 and I think Nick was told he could pick everything he wanted from the same car for that price as well.

You might contact either Nick (Gizmo) or Graeme (308 something or other  Grin ) as I believe they are using this engine.  I think Grame's will be triple turbo and supercharged seat belt retractors. He likes engineering problems  Shocked
blutes
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 02:19:59 pm »

Wow, I just called Eds (looked it up in the ph book) and the receptionist answered and said there was no Nick or Graeme that worked there. You wouldn't happen to have a number I could call would you? The Ed's I called is on Upper Dwyer Hill road. Thanks.
Kitten
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

Unofficial Ottawa Fiero Club shutter bug

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 09:38:54 am »

Wow, I just called Eds (looked it up in the ph book) and the receptionist answered and said there was no Nick or Graeme that worked there. You wouldn't happen to have a number I could call would you? The Ed's I called is on Upper Dwyer Hill road. Thanks.

Nick and Graeme are two guys on this forum...

The excitement is in the curves.

Lead, Follow, Or get out of the way.
blutes
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 10:01:45 am »

OK, so now I feel a little thick between the ears... lol. No wonder she didn't know who the hell I was talking about. Anyway, the boss called me (I guess ED) and said they're all out.
fiero308
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 06:00:51 pm »

hi Blutes;
sent you an email; if you didn't get it let me know. 
There is a lot to learn about the 3.4; there are two generations with significant differences between them.  And all the details that go with those differences. 

I would be happy to share what I DO know about the engines and setups in general so far.  I don't know if there is any advantage to plugging up the forum with a lot of details on it tho.... Roll Eyes
It would help to know what you want or plan to do, ie 5 spd for sure?  Or would you consider an auto (doubt it but thought I would ask)
Any autocrossing/racing or street ONLY?  mileage intentions?  Ie how far do you think you would drive the car?  Toronto?  Quebec City?  Farther?  (thinking reliability, parts and serviceability here...)
a few thoughts anyway.
Questions ask away; I will answer if I can.
GP
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Looking for a complete 3.4 ready to install « previous next »
Jump to: