Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:45:44 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Product/Service Reviews  |  Topic: Tires and Rims « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tires and Rims  (Read 2977 times)
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« on: May 16, 2004, 12:48:52 am »

Tire and Rim Reviews

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 08:46:16 pm »

I have become a big fan of Chip Foose and after seeing and finding out he is making and/or selling custom rims I have been looking into them.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 08:53:27 pm by GSXRBOBBY » Logged
leapyear
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:39:29 am »

Hello,  looking for info on refinishing original 14' aluminium rims.

approx price $

location -  (ottawa area)

Thanks
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:15:13 am »

Hello,  looking for info on refinishing original 14' aluminium rims

I paid $50/pair a couple of years ago to a NAPA dealer with a small machine shop to use a chemical stripper followed-up by media blasting.  I re-cleared them myself with a clear wheel enamel available off-the-shelf at CTC.

If you keep the car on the road once the mighty chemical plows are spreading their filth, I have no idea how that enamel will hold up to the salt.  A generic clear which I had tried earlier on wintered rims had pitted quite badly by the end of the season.   Undecided

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 09:36:49 am »

Speaking of tires...

Toyo Proxes T1-R

A nice sticky tire during the warmer months, surprisingly confident on pavement which is anything between damp to covered in standing water.  On loose surfaces don't expect them to be much different from an inexpensive all-season tire.

Give 'em time to warm up in cooler weather before playing, particularly around 15° or lower.  They will develop overnight flat spots at these temps, as well as be slightly loose.  The flat spots will usually run out after 5 minutes or less at highway speeds; use caution when cornering agressively--in cool conditions it's relatively easy to break  loose a pair of 255's while accelerating out of a corner with a well-used 2.8.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Product/Service Reviews  |  Topic: Tires and Rims « previous next »
Jump to: