Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:47:45 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Pictures  |  Topic: My 86 GT « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My 86 GT  (Read 12587 times)
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2004, 09:07:07 pm »

So is that fun fast or scary fast?
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2004, 10:46:15 pm »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7920907231
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 03:44:47 pm »

So is that fun fast or scary fast?

It's really damn close to being scary fast!

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2004, 10:25:31 pm »

I hope to meet up with you sometime when its all done, maybe next spring at a show. I will do something, just things are on hold for a little while.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2004, 05:59:50 pm »

Well, plans have changed! I am going to be buying KISSMYSSFIERO"S 88 coupe and doing the Northstar swap using it. And instead of parting out my 86 GT and am going to finsh it or fix it up and sell it. I am going to be painting it a Dark grey "like the new Monte Carlo" or a royal blue "like the 80's Iroc Cameros". Not really sure yet, but I was thinking about making this somewhat turn into a painting thread and show detailed pictures of what I am doing or have done and add all the info. along with me doing so. I am also going to be redoing the mirror mounts with a thicker steel and angling them down a little bit so they sit level. Then I am going to finish cleaning up the interior and selling the car.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2004, 12:53:19 pm »

Go for it.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2004, 07:06:04 pm »

I will keep you updated, I am also going to take some pictures of the progress on filling where the trim was "somewhat shaving it, but leaving the door handles on it", then I am going to prep it and paint it. I should start in a few weeks.
raunchy
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2005, 12:31:39 am »

Also going to shave the trim strips off
Great pics!! do you have any recent shots of the shaved mouldings?like to see that.
thnx
Chris.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2005, 05:24:06 pm »

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/058686.html

raunchy
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2005, 07:50:11 pm »

Afro  Thnx Aaron...there's so much room to be creative with the fiero.I also like those GT Beretta rims,who would of thought.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 08:59:53 am by raunchy » Logged
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2005, 01:18:27 am »

Aaron bet me to it, I have had to put things on hold its cold here and the garage is busy.
raunchy
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2005, 08:57:04 am »

I will keep you updated, I am also going to take some pictures of the progress on filling where the trim was "somewhat shaving it, but leaving the door handles on it", then I am going to prep it and paint it. I should start in a few weeks.
Man there's some impressive work out there!! I was just wondering...to fill in the 'trough' sort of speak,did you use the long strand f-glass [hairy glass] filler,and was it hard getting it flush with the contours of the doors/quarters?I do some body and paint as a hobby,but never tried shaving the trims...always wanted to try it..must look awesome.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2005, 05:49:10 pm »

So far I have just made small drill holes about every inch and a half so the filler had something to hold to. I used a fiberglass type body filler. I haven't sanded it yet so I am not sure how well it is going to be to finish it off?
raunchy
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2005, 08:31:48 pm »

So far I have just made small drill holes about every inch and a half so the filler had something to hold to. I used a fiberglass type body filler. I haven't sanded it yet so I am not sure how well it is going to be to finish it off?
..yea that's a good idea with the drilled holes.That f-glass is a real b#tch to sand ..eh? Keep us posted if you don't mind Bobby...like to see the finished results.
Thnx for the hit.
Chris.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 12:27:33 am »

Aaron I just bought an 88 from PFF mall section. He is selling 2 88's I bought his GT without a motor and I am going to put the Northstar in there. So now I have a backup trans! haha So I can bet this one up, or maybe not?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Pictures  |  Topic: My 86 GT « previous next »
Jump to: