Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:45:10 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: selling my MIG welder « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: selling my MIG welder  (Read 1161 times)
fiero308
« on: March 14, 2004, 07:52:54 pm »

because I will be getting a TIG to handle the upcoming work I have.
Just thought I would see if anyone might be interested.  It is a Lincoln SP170; I think the current model is called an SP175 or something;
has gas kit, regulator; 240 VAC single phase; excellent cond; works great!
Was over $1200 new but they have come down a tad in price so a reasonable offer is what I am looking for.
Just thought I would try it here first in case.
thx
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 08:37:08 am »

You might want to keep that MIG.  It's much better with some types of welding.  Tacking for example.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
fiero308
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 08:50:21 am »

yeah, thanks Aaron;
you are right; one hand is great for tacking; but if it is alum or s/s then I won't be able to tack it anyway.  and I am looking at doing a s/s exhaust and modifying an alum intake manifold etc.  If/when I get around to it I hope to put a turbo on this thing and fab up a custom s/s exh manifold etc etc

its largely a matter of economics; I don't think i can afford to have EVERYthing I want LOL;
the setup for doing s/s and alum with the mig is a bit pricey.  I have actually tried both with the mig with mixed results, but S/S  - especially thin stuff - will be tricky with the mig.  And a lot of very thin material as well.  I am looking at a TIG setup that will handle all kinds of work but ....... yup.  $$$$.  So I am gonna put the MIG up for sale and it will go toward the new setup.  They have told me that one shielding gas will do most of the work I want to do so that is a nice surprise instead of having to change (and PAY for!) up to THREE different bottles.... Undecided
so if it sells then it does and if not then not a big deal........ at least I tried.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: selling my MIG welder « previous next »
Jump to: