Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:11:54 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Fiero shop « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiero shop  (Read 2833 times)
2ML67
« on: January 20, 2004, 02:16:00 pm »

Does any one else here think the Fiero shop (or race tech as they call themselves) are crooked. Their prices are outrageous and on the Toronto forum they are constantly detering people from doing your own work and pay them some rediculous amount of money to do it for you. I thought forums were a place for do it your selfers and people interested in the car to get together and help each other, not take advantage of them.
It seems every time I look at that site some ellusions clown is advertizing for the Fiero shop and insulting people who do their own work. Funny thing his name is Joe the same as the guy at the Fiero shop he's advertizing for. Slight contradiction here or what?
Maybe that is why Ottawa is a better club because we work together not rip off each other.  
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 03:37:30 pm »

I think that there is something a little twisted going on.  Probably mostly because he has a poor opinion of others, but I don’t really know.  All I do know is that something smells a little fishy.

I bought my motor from him.  First I thought I was getting a smoking price, but then when I got the motor home I noticed that 6 of the fuel injectors were missing.  $800 from GM or $300 from UAP.  Then I found out that the motor wasn’t out of the car that he told me it was, then I found out that the motor itself wasn’t what he told me it was.  He told me he was selling me a 98 Northstar out of a Seville STS (300 hp), but I later found out it was out of a 98 Deville (275 hp).

So short story long, I wouldn’t have bought the motor if I knew that it was a 275 instead of a 300.  Now that I have it and it’s installed I’m not sending it back.  So I have to buy new cams and spring to get the ratio that I was shooting for.  In the end my engine that was a smoking deal was really only a good find.

What I really don’t like was the fact that he didn’t tell me the motor was missing injectors, and he outright told me that it was the 300 hp model.  I confirmed that with him a few times before I bought the motor.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
FieroDough
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 08:37:24 am »

i hear ya.... There area few thread on PFF about them.. they mucked up a 3800 conversion and mucked up a flywheen / clutch install pretty bad and PATCHED IT UP... But they are like the Canadian version of V8ARCHIE.. you attack them or accuse something and the "supporter" minions come out and fight the battles.

They are the exact same on the J-body forum... I gave up talking about the 3800 because of them and a few other people on there. if they want a 3800 in a j-body, let them go figure it out.

I still want to eventually open my own show and put an end to the crap that goes one with aftermaket installs and swaps.

Cheers!
Eric
2ML67
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 07:20:04 pm »

Got an e-mail from a guy in TO today asking for info on 3800SC swap. Seems reason this ellusions guy or joe as he calls himself is tolerated is because the fiero shop lets the GTA club hold meetings there after hours. Most are afraid to speak out because they do not want to loose their meeting place. He tells me most buy stuff off him as well because he keeps a close eye on whats happening with members cars. Sounds like some kind of twisted dictatership or black mail scheme to me. Sort of explains why I am willing to travel so far to be part of a good club filled with good people.  
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

Minority in my home town. Thanxs MEL!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 11:16:56 pm »

Hmmmm...  seems like info is needed here.

First off, Joe lets us use his shop for the meetings becuase everyone knows how to get to it and it's location suites most people between durham to burlington area. For a period of time, we actually gathered at "The Friendly Greek" up the road,  but some members felt inclined to order something from the menu to keep the owners happy while a group of fiero finatics are taking up space for a monthly meeting. So, Joe offered to hold the meeting back at the shop again.  Now we just meet at the shop, pick a destination for dinner and go.

Also, not every member brings their car to Joe to work on. Some of us do the work ourselves. Joe has been kind enough to offer tips on how to do jobs on the cars and for those hard to find parts or the do-it-yourself screw-up, Joes good at locating them or has it used(helped me out a couple of times Grin thnx Joe!). Joe does know about most members cars because we talk to him about our problems with our fiero's and ask advice on how to fix it.

Race-Tech is a sponser for the club, but they do not run the club. Joe & Miriamme have been so busy the past 2 year with the business, they have not had the time to participate in most club events, other then monthly meetings and club show.

As for how Joe runs his own business is his choice. If you had a bad experience and won't deal with him again, that's your choice. Some of us have had no problems and appreciatte the help we do get from Joe.  business is business, doesn't matter what kind it is, someone will always be giving it a bad name while others support it.  Just look at Bill Gates, most people use his windows O.S. but hate the fact he has a major monopolization on the computer O.S. industry.

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 08:30:38 am »

Fair enough, thumpr.  It seems that enough folks have had a sour experience around here.

I got quoted 3x the price for a flywheel, and pretty well patronized in the process.  I wouldn't touch them if I broke down on the street outside the door.  But, that's just me.  Roll Eyes  If someone likes the spot no prob, that's the nature of business.  However that does seem to be a sore point.  If they like you, you're in, if they don't or don't know you,watch out.

I think that Ellusion guy just set some of us off.  I know that I left the GTA board because he was a complete ______!  Kiss

I know that doesn't mean anything.  It shouldn't, as this is the web and someone is always going to get on your nerves for some reason.

Back to the regular programming........................  Grin
Boy-z
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2004, 11:42:05 am »

W.O.W.
JAYGT
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2004, 05:35:19 pm »

well im brand new here and have already been told to stay away from the place.   crazy high prices.  too bad cause its close to me.   but people must say these things for a reason.
FieroDough
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2004, 09:14:57 am »

I went to the GTA show 2 years ago... I went to the FieroShop booth and asked what I assume was Joe for some advice on my 3800 swapp. (some questions i was stumped on) he basically said to come to the shop and he would do it for $$$) I said i ahd no problem doing it, but can you just tell me if "x" is correct. Would not help, just wanted the $$$.

So anyways... I figured it out on the net on my own, but after that experience, they are not getting my $$$.

BTW: a few years ago i had orderd a poly cradly bushing kit from them.. the charged me $10.00 for shipping.. the postage on the little box was $3.60

now.. was that really a $7.00 box he put it in?

bah!
Eric

x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

Minority in my home town. Thanxs MEL!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 04:36:47 pm »

I just wanted to get at the misconseption that Race-Tech runs the GTA Fiero Club. We actually "down graded" our club. No more dues, meetings, & polotics. We just gather now and do what we do best, shoot the sh!t and have a good time. Everyone is welcome to come out.  

Yeah, I know Joe can have some high prices on some things, but I have heard that if the part is used, nine times out of ten, if he had it ordered  the part came from cookstown auto. Great place for used parts but they are the ones that charge an arm & leg for everything.

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
2ML67
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004, 04:50:17 pm »

I can honestly say that I have met a few members of the GTA Fiero club and found them to be great people. My biggist problem is Ellusions going on the forum insulting every one who does any of their own work and suggesting the Fiero Shop is the only safe route without knowing anything what so ever about who he is insulting. Yes their prices are very steep but that is his choice as it is his business. As I said it is his insulting posts and underhanded way of advertizing I have a problem with.
 My understanding of these forums is communicating, helping and working together to learn and in some cases even save some money. No where in there is insult or rip off or take advantage of etc...
FieroDough
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 08:42:28 am »

My understanding of these forums is communicating, helping and working together to learn and in some cases even save some money. No where in there is insult or rip off or take advantage of etc...

AMEN!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Fiero shop « previous next »
Jump to: