Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:53:27 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Fuel tank « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuel tank  (Read 2887 times)
2ML67
« on: December 23, 2003, 06:54:40 pm »

This purple 84 Fiero in my garage is in need of a good fuel tank any one got or know where to find a good one for a reasonable price. All the ones in local wreckers are rotted.
Rebel
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 02:37:00 am »

try most gas tank repair shop i price a rebuild gas tank last summer it was 125 with you old one if you need more detail contact me
Rebel
Rob
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 08:11:34 pm »

Do you still need a Gas Tank? Ive got one I could bring out. Message me and tell me a price..

Later; Rob
fiero308
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 05:09:15 pm »

just to keep this thread going a bit
I think there are (at least?) TWO different sizes; either by year and/or model.......
does anyone have any definite knowledge of this?
I am curious because I want to see if I can put the largest possible into my car.....
I HATE stopping for gas all the time.........
thanks all!!
gp
Rob
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 10:10:03 pm »

Yes, you are right, the '87's and 88's Have a slightly larger tank in them 11.9 Galons vs the 10.2 gal in the older cars. Its swapable here..

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/036351.html

Later;
GoFast85
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 09:35:37 am »

Need extra fuel capacity??
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/030268.html
Second pic. $112usd.
fiero308
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 06:33:25 pm »

nice nice but I wonder what he is doing about a spare.  Doesn't sound like a big deal, a dreary old spare ........ but I can't BEGIN to think about leaving my car at the side of the road in the dark somewhere...........   a little insecurity I have......

There is a way around it - to run with 'runflats' tires.  That way I believe you dont need a spare but they are expensive tires, especially the Z rated ones..........
anyway
not exactly 'holding me up'..... at the moment..........
c'mon, April!!!!
GoFast85
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 10:05:44 am »

Good tires, and you don't need a spare. As for the run flats, I checked out prices  and the tires are not bad , it is the associated "in car guage" that is required that costs the big bucks.
fiero308
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 10:32:14 am »

here we are talking about spares in the 'fuel tank thread........"
anyway
you need a serviceable spare and jack and all that paraphenalia to pass a safety.  With the new 'awareness' of roadside "checks"..... on 'custom' (?) cars I suppose that would be free ammunition for an overzealous constable......

Corvette and Porsche and the like have gotten approval to go 'no spare' on some of their cars by going to runflats but they are very pricey tires, in those sizes, anyway....

You can pick up a nail or scrap by driving down a road 5 minutes after a construction waste truck went by........  it happened to me twice last yr (flats on good tires so I assume a puncture.....)
before that; probably fifteen+ yrs since a flat so it is the luck of the draw....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Fuel tank « previous next »
Jump to: