Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:37:31 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: I need a couple of parts... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need a couple of parts...  (Read 1178 times)
maxx
« on: October 11, 2003, 09:33:59 pm »

It's a 1984 2m4.

1. Passanger actuator went dead on me, anyone have one for sale?

2. Rear lights relay, the one that regulates the high/low voltage for brake lights, is acting up. When I press on the brake pedal all the lights come on but when it's released, the rightmost brake light bulb stays on for 10 or more seconds longer than all the other ones. It's discontiniued at the dealers.

And I got a question: How hard is it to put in a remote trunk opener? My trunk key lock is already busted so I'm looking at otions and would perfer to patch up the hole and adopt a electic trunk open.

Thanks!
Marko
maxx
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 05:04:02 am »

I did some research on the keyless trunk entry system for the Fiero and it appears that this was a option on some models (could not track down exacly on which). Any of you guys have this setup on your parts car and are willing to part with it?
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 07:26:34 am »

I've been packing stuff away for the winter and I'm pretty sure I have an electric release here. I'll check this afternoon and confirm.
Gary
maxx
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 01:37:17 pm »

Thanks Gary, let me know. Also, if you have any of the other two parts, all the better. Smiley

Thanks!
Marko
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 01:49:05 pm »

Sorry on the other stuff, but I do have the trunk release.

Here's a blurb I found on trouble shooting and operation of the little beggar.  May help with the install.

The service manual says:
check the fuse by checking the dome lights
check the ground (dont bother :-)
check the release switch voltage
when off -- orn is 12v, yel/blk is 0
when on -- yel/blk is 12v
test the release relay voltage with connector still on relay
parking brake on or gear in Park
when switch on yel/blk 12v, blk 12v
also check blk wire at release solenoid for 12v as switch is being pressed
check release solenoid case ground.

Operation
12v is applied at all times thru the fuse to the release switch.
with switch closed the circuit flows thru the switch to the relay.

when the park brake is applied the switch closes and provides ground for the relay coil. 12v is applied from the fuse, the release switch, release coil, and the brake switch to ground. the relay operates and the current flows from the switch thru the closed relay contact to the trunk release solenoid releasing the lock.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: I need a couple of parts... « previous next »
Jump to: