Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:21:11 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: wtb: V6 power plant « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wtb: V6 power plant  (Read 2648 times)
A.K.A
« on: October 03, 2003, 07:50:32 am »

ok, finally decided that a 6 is the way to go....neone have one (relatively inexpensive?) condition does not matter as winter is approching

pm me if you have something reasonable!  Grin

thanx
Marc

p.s. will a 2.8 from an s-10 fit??
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2003, 08:45:14 am »

p.s. will a 2.8 from an s-10 fit??

As far as I know yes it will, but not without some modification.  I believe that the front-engine/RWD 2.8's are set up for the starter motor on the RH side of the block, whereas Fieros need them on the left.

Not to mention other basic differences such as cooling, intake, and exhaust plumbing, wiring, ECU...

ok, finally decided that a 6 is the way to go....neone have one (relatively inexpensive?) condition does not matter as winter is approching

I have a partial 2.8 (engine code LB8 I believe) from an '88 Firechicken if you want to take on the project.  Needs a timing cover, water pump, alternator & associated brackets, distributor, upper & lower intake manifolds, fuel rail, and injectors.

If you're interested, make an offer.  Willing to deliver if the offer takes in to account that I have to load it into our CR-V without the benefit of a cherry-picker.   Grin

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
A.K.A
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2003, 08:47:49 am »

wow Shocked
you guys are quick! ok thanx for that....I really wouldn't know a price...say 200?? (i donno!) but I will keep you informed

btw, I can handle delivery if you don't want ur vehicle to reak like old 2.8!
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2003, 09:18:09 am »

wow Shocked
you guys are quick! ok thanx for that....I really wouldn't know a price...say 200?? (i donno!) but I will keep you informed

Shocked  

Well I already have what I needed from it, and it's just taking up space in the garage.  In other words, I won't take $200 for it.  If you decide that you want to go for it, try a lower number.   Smiley

btw, I can handle delivery if you don't want ur vehicle to reak like old 2.8!

Bah, I'm not worried about it.  For starters thats how I got the engine home in the first place.  Our CR-V has worse smells in it than old engine.  One trip to the veterinarian earlier this year, on pissed-off cat, and one pissed-on seat belt.  Still haven't managed to get it all out, and on a good sunny day....    Roll Eyes

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2003, 09:46:16 am »

I have the 2.8 from my 88 just sitting around.  The guy that originally wanted it isn't going to put it into his VW Beetle anymore.

Because I've done a swap, this means that I have all the other crap that went with the motor.  Intake, mounts, etc...

The motor has 160k on it
it's an auto (88 so it's a balanced flexplate, if your thinking of changing for manual)
leaky head gasket
needs a new coil
probably a tune-up too but it ran well before it broke down on the side of the Qeensway this spring (the coil went I think, I never did a full analyses because I didn't need to get the thing running again anyway, so...long story short it might not be the coil that went)

I don't want any money for it,  Shocked  but the catch is, I can't let it go for another month or so and I might end up using some of the connectors off the old wiring harness...so the hartess might be incomplete.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
A.K.A
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2003, 11:56:31 am »

woah!

If i read this correctly , I get a new heart for my beast for free?!?!?!? Shocked

I WILL TAKE IT WHENEVER YOU NEED IT GONE, WIRES OR NO WIRES!!!!!!!

thank you!  Kiss
Marc
BootMachine
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2003, 03:25:35 pm »

FREEBIE FREBIE FREEBIE

ZIP

ZERO

NOTTA

NO WAY!

SCORE.....a six for your ride AKA! Thats huge...I'll help you build it and teach you how to port and polish your heads man!

Nice...that will light a fire under my ass...no way can your fiero be faster than my lude!
2ML67
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2003, 03:44:35 pm »

I have a complete V6 harness somewhere in my garage from a 85 GT if you need it though not sure if it will work.
If you are going through all the work to change why not put in something newer say a 1995 up 3100SFI V6 or even a 3800. Not that hard and if you plan on keeping the car well worth the money spent. Plus E-test not a problem with newer setup. Dan
A.K.A
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2003, 03:56:06 pm »

hee hee...cuz I work it this way.....cheap old and broken becomes new and shiny!!!!

new shiny and expensive becomes cheap old, broken and expensive!

gtgold
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 12:19:01 pm »

I have the entire chassis and drive line from an 85 GT
V6 4 spd standard

$400.00 is a good price to ask ??

Mickey   home evenings 592-8907

daytime  952-4463
A.K.A
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 12:23:22 pm »

I have the entire chassis and drive line from an 85 GT
V6 4 spd standard

$400.00 is a good price to ask ??

Mickey   home evenings 592-8907

daytime  952-4463
I will definately keep you in mind for at least the tranny as aaron88 has donated a 2.8 to my cause!

thanx tho man!
a.k.a
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: wtb: V6 power plant « previous next »
Jump to: