Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:57:42 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Lets do something good! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lets do something good!  (Read 1173 times)
FieroDough
« on: August 15, 2002, 10:10:12 am »

Hey guys!
Who would be up for some kind of fundraisng for a local charity? Nothing big, but just to get in the "good" with the locals and othorities.

I can't stress the importance of being seen as a responsible club and not a bunch of bandits!

This being said, so far all has been real good. But some good point were brought up at the Orleans car show yesterday. We should have some sort of  "Code of Conduct" in place at all are Fiero get-togethers. No incidents yet, but just to keep it that way.

any suggestions?

I was thinking of doing something for M.A.D.D. (good choice for a car club) or maybe Cheo? Maybe something for the illness Steve's father has? Kinda be fun to give somethign back ya know. Smiley

Cheers!
Eric
Boy-z
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2002, 01:10:53 pm »

Hi Eric and yes I could not agree with you more that a code off conduct should be in place. Things like pulling donuts have to go and speeding through the parking lots. I would much prefer that people say hey that ottawa fiero club has class not o'shit the punk's are back I remember my first outing and we went to Tim's and the guy's that were speeding through the parking lot I thought to myself what a bunch of punk's. and also when at car outing like at Orleans, if the guy's ask you to straighten up the Car's just say sure know problem's if you talk back it will not get you any brownie point's. you have to treat people the way you wish to be treated. you can get more bee's with honey I just threw that in for the youngsters. I don't want to sound like some one's dad here but Let's make the club one that people will respect. And I guess I have put I my two cents. And as far as the fund raiser It sounds like a good Idea. let's start a Q.& A. column and put everyone input as to come up with something. Maybe we can wash the hooter girl's car's and they can take pic's of us on there hoods can you see it. lol
FieroDough
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2002, 03:26:39 pm »

Woohoo! a responce! i thought i was gonna get shunted for saying that. Smiley

I'm gonna try to make a poll for possible "things to do" as far as charities.

Cheers!
Eric
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2002, 08:27:32 pm »

Awesome idea's Eric.  Here is a simple one but that's the point

Abide by the laws & rules of the club -hmmmm rules eh
Promote goodwill in all activities
Honour commitments given to the involvement in organised Club activities and to members
Respect the property, rules and possessions of others, visited by Club members on club events
Attend club meetings and activities where possible
Respect the elected committee members and their duties
Where possible, to join in and help committee members to organise events etc. that will benefit all.

When I started this the last thing I wanted as I've seen in some other clubs is a whole lot of bureauctratic crap and ego tripping, but in order to keep a good reputation for the club and it's members I think it would be important to establish such a set of rules.

Do I have any volunteers to help develop such a set of rules?

As for a fund raiser it's a great idea, I really like all you listed MADD, CHEO, ALS Foundation or the Cancer society would be all great canidates. I think the best would be to participate in an exsisting event as a club unless we can get a good comitment from all the members as a solo event.

I'll look into events this year we could take in part of and hope to have a mail out tonight provided the pints don't get to me first

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
fiero1
Moving UP!

dark-rider

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2002, 11:21:32 pm »

:)Hello well i think a good fund raiser would be for CHEO for the diabetic unit a lot of reshearch is still required on this desease im sure they would appreciate it...talk to you guys soon
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Lets do something good! « previous next »
Jump to: