Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:02:08 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Cruise to Kingston « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cruise to Kingston  (Read 4039 times)
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

Minority in my home town. Thanxs MEL!!!

« on: September 11, 2003, 05:35:25 pm »

The GTA Fiero Club and Ottawa Fiero Club are getting together in Kingston on Sunday September 21st. We will be meeting in Kingston at Portsmouth Oylimpic Harbour Park around 12pm.

The GTA Club will be gathering at a Tim Hortons that morning around 9-9:30am in Bowmanville of of Waverly RD & 401 northside of bridge. We will be leaving at 10am sharp for the 2hr drive to Kingston. We will have FRS 2way radios on us and set to channel 9 code 21. (easy to remember)

The cruise as usual is open to anyone who wants to come out and join us with or without a Fiero.

As for the organizing of the Ottawa club, I have yet to recieve any info on who's running thier side but have been in contact with a member  and they are looking forward for this gathering also. We're hoping a few of the Montreal Club will come down and join us for this day too.

Anyone living in Kingston know if Portsmouth Oylimpic Harbour has BAR-B-Q facilities or is it bring your own? When we get out there, alot of people might be slightly hungry. If they don't, maybe we should look into a place to get a bit to eat close by. Also hope any Fiero's in & around Kingston will come out and join us too!!

This is a posting I put on Pennocks.

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
Boy-z
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 09:50:39 am »

Kevin Nd Nick are you guy's still in. AND ANYONE ELSE AND IF SO WHERE DO YOU ALL WANT TO MEET.
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 12:05:21 pm »

Kevin still wants to go. Would you be passing by Kemptville?, if so we could meet up here. And Thumper I don't have those fancy side bands on my FRS I'll set it for channel 9 though. /Kevin
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 01:02:47 pm »

couldn't chip in the exrta 20 for the sub-codes eh? haha   Where is Kemptville? We will be taking the 401 striaght to Kingston.  Hmm how many others don't have the sub codes on thier FRS 2ways? Maybe we should change it so everyone can use them?

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 01:49:41 pm »

I got my radios from the Lachute flea market, cheap. I may get one with the subcodes just for me. Kemptville is just off the 416 half way between Ottawa and the 401 at Prescott. CYA Kevin
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 03:43:16 pm »

I'm still in!  Grin  Would be great if we could meet up somewhere and take 10 from westport to kingston, although we don't have to but it will be fun.  I'll see if I can borrow a radio for the weekend.  All I have are the old 25-watt motorola bricks.  I wasn't all that impressed with the FRS so after the 20th show, I went and returned mine...
Boy-z
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 09:49:59 pm »

So I guess it is Kevin Nic And myself so let pick a place to meet.soon
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 11:09:16 pm »

I like Nick's idea. Could we meet in Smith Falls?  Kevin
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2003, 01:16:56 pm »

If I can get away, anyone have room for a passenger?  (Or I may bring the truck).
Gary
2ML67
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2003, 05:55:26 pm »

Heck Gary I would give you a ride but my car doesn't seem to like you. It breaks when ever I take you for a ride in it. I know you are going to call it driver abuse but this is my story and I can tell it anyway I want.
Hopefully you can get a ride though it sounds like it might be a good time. I am going so keep the parking lots clear of bumps my car doesn't seem to like them either. Dan
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2003, 06:23:01 pm »

In my defence, I can only comment that I was not in the car at the time (the first one either).  Grin  Grin
cowans
Fiero Know-it-all

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 02:44:28 pm »

Is this cruise still on for Sunday? I was thinking that I might tag along... Where would (Ottawa)people be starting out from? Time?
thanks, Sandy
Boy-z
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 03:39:20 pm »

Hi Sandy I am Karl and I am Meeting Kevin in Kemptville at the Canadian tire at 09:30 Then we are going to meet nic in Perth have a coffe at timmy's and head for kingston weather permitting and I just checked the weather station and it sounds good for Sunday I am leaveving Barrhaven at around 09:00 so if you want we can hook up here or at kemptville. so this is the plan. .....are you in
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003, 04:46:14 pm »

Hello Ottawa crowd  Grin  We have things going along great on our side. Looks like we have 6 cars right now gong and 2 more maybes.

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2003, 07:49:35 pm »

Karl, what time are you guys meeting Nick at Timmy's in Perth?  I guess I'll need to bring a truck, but I plan on coming anyway.  I have a couple of cheapie FRS radios too.
Gary
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Cruise to Kingston « previous next »
Jump to: