Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:46:57 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Mighty Duke « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mighty Duke  (Read 946 times)
2ML67
« on: June 14, 2007, 06:35:23 pm »

Got a trip permit today to test drive my last purchase a mighty 84 Duke with 217,000 km on it. Lets just say that I now know that I was wrong in thinking over 200hp and low revs was important. This mighty 92 horse power and 3,000 rpm at 100 km/h is the way to go.
(For those like gary who don't understand this is called sarcasm)
Actually it does run pretty good for a car that sat in a garage for over four years just because of a bad steering column. Big problem decision now is whether or not to super charge this car or leave the little duke alone. Dan
MacPhail
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 09:21:37 pm »

Give the car to your oldest as a going away present this summer.  Wink

Cheers, Derek
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 10:54:12 am »

Big problem decision now is whether or not to super charge this car or leave the little duke alone.

Dare to be different--supercharge the duke, and we can all place bets on how long it will last before spitting rods out the side of the block.   Grin

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
2ML67
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 01:52:35 pm »

I do have one of the eaton super chargers from a Ford thunder super coupe that I could rig up to work on the little duke but it most likely wouldn't last one pass down my road let a lone a full test drive.
As for a going away present only thing that kid is getting from me is a good kick in the ass on the way out the door. Dan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Mighty Duke « previous next »
Jump to: