Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:37:52 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Noone liked my photoshop? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noone liked my photoshop?  (Read 1512 times)
Shaun41178
« on: October 25, 2005, 06:31:32 pm »

I thought it was funny.

ho hum
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 11:30:22 am »

4 psig...........it wasn't really that creative.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 11:00:07 am »

Well I would have thought that 4 psi boost would have given a 300 hp motor (assuming it was running right) more like 60 hp.  But given that he has a lot of tuning left to do, it's probably safe to say that his motor isn't running tops yet.

I think his goal of 450 hp is a bit much, but given that he will keep tuning and tuning, I think he'll end up with about 440 hp by the end of next year (keeping to 4.5 psi and assuming that he changes his turbo).  Maybe I'm being optamistic but what can I say I'm an optamist.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 12:01:00 pm »

He sold it?  Why'd he bother building it then?

That Pete's an odd one.  He'd get a lot more for it if he sold it after it was working right.

PBJ
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 02:02:21 pm »

He sold it?  Why'd he bother building it then?

That Pete's an odd one.  He'd get a lot more for it if he sold it after it was working right.

I will try to explain.

As a kid did you ever build a model plane that when done it was all you ever wanted.  But now you have so much time and money invested that you are nervous to take it out and fly it like it should be.  Once you do fly it,  it was all you expected it to be, but something fails and it crashes.  You decide to fix it, now you are a bit nervous to fly it and some of the enjoyment is gone.  So there you are flying it again with more brand new pieces, but you just are not enjoying the time with it because you are so nervous of ruining it.   Again something happens to your little plane....So you think it's time to put it on the shelf. Since you are really not enjoying the flying time.  But you relize, how much the people around you watching the plane enjoy it (or wife dragracing it) SO....  Now your off to the hobby shop to by a different one that you can fly and crash without the fear you felt while using your best one.

While we have no shelf to sit the fiero on.  And I don't have any interest in rebuilding the N* fiero just to stand by the 1/4 track in fear that it will let my wife down as she is pounding on the car like she loves to do.   Nothing that I build on the N* car broke or let me down.  Yes the head gaskets blew out on the second motor, likely cause it sat for 8 years partially filled with dex-cool coolant, maybe it was the tunning but most of us know that 4.5 psi is not much. Eitherway the car hauled like crazy, fun was had and the engine is "on the shelf" in my memory along with the radio controled plane.

Now I am going to build another engine set up for the car and try a few less cylinders to see where that leads us. It will not be as expensive but that is how I like it.  I am not made of money and pull my pants on one leg at a time like everyone else in this world.  I really like to build, and lego with the kids is not alway enough to quench the itch.

As for the money I may have lost, before the fiero we were into boating,  so if you know boats, then you know what I am talking about.  It all about enjoyment.  I don't work every day to not enjoy my hobby the way I want.

I hope the story was understood by some, I know Shaun will still be confused and come up with his own meanings for my life, but hey  I have built some fun engine set up and am not done yet.  Could you imagine if I stopped my fiero hobby at a crx intake on the the 2.8! 

anyways take care, and I hope FieroBuzz come back,  I miss him already.   Cry 

Pete
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 02:32:17 pm »

I will try to explain......

I do understand Pete, but I have a different way of looking at it.  If my car brakes down, which I expect it would at some point, I have nothing to worry about because I know how to fix everything on it.  That is one of the purposes behind doing all the work myself.

Here is one of the reasons I would sell my project.  After building it I may realize that I can do better or that maybe I chose the wrong project to get what I wanted.  I now realize that I want something way tougher and lighter.  I figure because no car that I know of is made the way I want the car to be made, I’ll have to make it myself.

Hence the project on the side.  Kind of a mix between the McLaren F1 and the Ultima GTR.  I figure it’ll cost about 35 K to build, and I’m not afraid to sell the Fiero to fund it (Shhhhhhhh, don’t tell anyone).  For the right price it’s gone, so I can definitely see your point Pete.  My project should be complete around the year 2010.

Good luck on the next project.

By the way I was kind of impressed with the performance GM was getting out of that little echo-tech.  Much lighter than those bad azz V8’s.

Aaron

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Noone liked my photoshop? « previous next »
Jump to: