Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:37:04 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Jons N star installed « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jons N star installed  (Read 896 times)
Shaun41178
« on: December 10, 2004, 09:16:50 pm »

Welp, I flew up to CA NA Duh this past weekend to help Jon-bag

It was his b-day so me and his g/f conspired to throw a surprise party for him. I took him his ported heads that I had done. I hope he likes them.

Well we partied hard one night and for the next 3 days me and him worked on getting the engine installed.

Day one, had a late start as we had to make the 3 hour drive to his parents house and also cause we were hung over. We lined up the motor on the cradle how we wanted it and shimmed it to keep it at the height and location we wanted. Jon already had one mount done so we loosely bolted it to that to help keep things in alignment.

Day two, hit Bafasco for some mounting hardware and sawzall blades. Got the front tranny mount fabbed up and welded on as well as the front motor mount. On top fo this the rear tranny mount was buttoned up. A little ingenuity there.

Day 3 we rolled the cradle under the car and jacked it up into place. It fit perfectly. Clearance everywhere we needed it to be and then some. it fits really good in there. We also hooked up most of the wiring harness. I will say right now the Holley commander 950 from chrfab is totally worth it for a n star swap. Talk about a piece of cake. Total plug and play. We had it wired up in about 30 minutes or so. We have the location picked out for the computer behind the drivers seat. We got some of the fuel lines hooked up as well. Test cranked it and we had it wired right, but the battery was dead to really crank it over hard. It turned a smidge though when the key was cranked.

What does it need to be finished? Coolant lines need to be routed, fuel lines need to be finished up, and the final touches on the wiring and the guages. Other then that its pretty complete. We prob would have had the car fired up while I was there, however we wanted to make sure we could have the car outside in case something went wrong and there was a fire. So we held off as there were no axles on the car.

Did I have fun? hell yes. Was it worth it? Hell yes. I met some really cool people up there and Jon and C-dog took care of me. Michelle and Allison(mwa), thanks for picking me up at the airport and stashing me for a night. Thanks for showing me a good time. I am glad I didnt' get back onto the plane Smile I would also like a pic of the sign you made. That was great.

Cameron, Chris, and Jen, It was nice meeting you. It was good to put a face to a name. And thanks to Jon's parents for putting up with my dirty ass for 3 days.

Jon will have pics eventually, the camera was left at his parents house so prob none will be posted till he gets back there around Xmas time.

Stay tuned for our television show "Hip Hop Garage" starring Jonathon and I.

Also posted over on this site here...
http://pennockssucks.saturnet.net/phpBB/index.php
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Jons N star installed « previous next »
Jump to: