Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:39:09 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Club Postions additions and misc info « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Club Postions additions and misc info  (Read 1978 times)
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« on: February 13, 2004, 04:50:06 pm »

Ok sorry for the tardyness of getting the synopsis of the meeting posted here, but why break from my usuual form.

Ok it was a bloody cold but good meeting, nice turnout for Febuary and even a Fiero in the lot.

Well the biggest news is the position additions to the club. I am extremely happy and excited with the folks we we have. 2 of the 3 have been lurking around in the seedy shadows of the National Capital Fiero scene for probably even long than I have so without further addieu it's my great please to introduce:

Vice President- Eric Villeneuve
Eric(Dough)  is one of the originals from OFC, founder of NCFA, longtime Fiero guy, and without a doubt one of our most active and ambitious members, not to mention daddy to be.

Events Co-Ordinators
Nicholas Matjasko - Nick is another long time Fiero nut, mad scientists, resident media/library guru, the guy who keeps this forum kicking and one hell of a nice guy.

Marc Guay- Unfortunately I don't know Marc well enough yet to have any dirt or embarrassing details to dish, YET, but Mark has joined the club with a flurry of activity and certainly is the right man for the job.

So there we have it, in addition to the accolades of fellow members, the women, glory, power and prestige of holding such a position they will also be recieving the standard compensation package offered by OFC which is sweet f.... I mean zip, zilch, naddo, nothing, try not to spend it all at one shop guys.But seriously congrats to you guys and thank you.

So we also did manage to get more club business discussed(hmmm there's a departure from the norm). As his first order of business VP Dough immediately levied a $1000 membership fee payable to him?Huh? seemed a bit steep to me as well,but after some negotiations he modified this to at each meeting there will be a 50/50 draw, everyone pitch in $2(optional) and at the end someone will get a bit of moula and and the remaining money would be built up over time spent on trophies, cost reduction of Club shirts ect or perhaps buying a small tropical island, but we will make though decisions together.

We also will get a set sched for future meeting at a place where we can actually get in and it will be reoccuring on the first Sat on every month and the timeslot will be 6pm a few locations were discussed and I will post them on the site(wow, needs updating) and on the forum once cemented.

Also we did bring up the issue of implemeting a club code of conduct and I found a nice example of one and it seemed like the direction we want to move in. Again will get posted once we introduce and pass it.

Also so everyone is aware Gary(Buzzzzzzz) was nice enough to get us set up at a place where we can get embriodery work done and the rates were very reasonable i don't have any pics of the stuff that was done up so far but maybe someone can post then with the cost:
Flint Collectables for Men
1980 Ogilvie Rd
(Gloucester Shopping Center)
744-6314

Ok so that's it in a nutshell, we will have a March meeting  and keep an eye open once we get things rolling for events cruises, and now would be a great time for suggestions of shows you would like to attend, your fav cruise route or anything else you want to get off your chest(besides the hair, we do have limits folks)

Steve

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 05:50:16 pm »

Thanks Gary

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 08:05:37 am »

...after some negotiations he modified this to at each meeting there will be a 50/50 draw, everyone pitch in $2(optional) and at the end someone will get a bit of moula and and the remaining money would be built up over time spent on trophies, cost reduction of Club shirts ect or perhaps buying a small tropical island, but we will make though decisions together.

Food for thought--does anyone perceive a need to appoint an official treasurer, or even go "all the way" and open an OFC bank account?  Heck I'll even volunteer if the consensus is "yes."

Personally I don't care one way or another, but I know that some people are more comfortable with the idea of "club money" when an obvious responsibility is assigned.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
FieroDough
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 09:08:59 am »

I have no objections. Smiley

cheers!
Eric
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 09:28:45 am »

Doesn't really make any difference to me.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GoFast85
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 12:11:30 pm »

...Food for thought--does anyone perceive a need to appoint an official treasurer, or even go "all the way" and open an OFC bank account?  Heck I'll even volunteer if the consensus is "yes."

Personally I don't care one way or another, but I know that some people are more comfortable with the idea of "club money" when an obvious responsibility is assigned.

If we, as a club, are going to gather moneys, the money should be funnelled through a treasurer or at least one person. If the money's exceed $100 an account should be set up with 4 signing authorities. As Past Chairman of the Thompson Wildlife Association for 3 years, protocol dictates responsibility.
my 2 cents
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 07:25:34 pm »

ok so we need to be sure to spend all money on beer and hookers before we hit the $100 mark
owwwww that was out loud wasn't it.

But yeah that would be a good idea, we would have a monthly update on the finacial status so everything is in the open, I know in CFOG things got all ugly so 4 signing authorities is a excellent suggestion as well.

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
GoFast85
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 07:32:20 am »

The way signing authorities are done usually is that it takes 2 to sign a check and the payyee can't be one of the 2. You use 4 so that if 2 are unavailable  then the cheques can be signed by 2.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Club Postions additions and misc info « previous next »
Jump to: