Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:04:42 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Club Issues « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Club Issues  (Read 1748 times)
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« on: January 13, 2004, 07:34:01 pm »

Hey folks, happy belated new year.

Been awhile since I've checked in, but that as per my normal winter hibernation.

Well I think it's a good time so begin setting things up for the next season, nothing get me thinking of summer like -44 weather.

One major change I would like to start is a impeachment process of the current president. With that said, I will allow him to make a comment in his defence>

Steve: Ahhh well, I have no recollection of that and the cigar was only used for smoking and Yes I did inhale. That is all.

Well with that out of the way I would like to get the club going in a bit of a different direction. The best way I can see that happening is open it up to electing a president, vice president and an events co-ordinator. I think adding such positions would help get the club moving forward again. I think we've reached a point where we need better organization to help the club with the next step. Now I would like to open it up for discussion if everyone agree's with the proposed positions or if you would like to see other positions, find out if anyone wants to volunteer or nominate someone for such a position and perhaps define to positions, although I think we still want to keep it simple, worked thus far.
  So thoughts, suggestions...........

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
GoFast85
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 07:46:23 am »

I guess I am just going to have to pipe up.

We should have a meeting face to face on club issues. A quiet environment --- say Pizza Hut on Robertson and Richmond Road (across from Al's steak house) Feb 7th at 5pm.

I will vounteer to compile concers/chair the meeting if requested  

dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 09:02:53 am »

We should have a meeting face to face on club issues. A quiet environment --- say Pizza Hut on Robertson and Richmond Road (across from Al's steak house) Feb 7th at 5pm.

Oh sure, pick a place which you can walk to.  Possibly even without freezing your important parts off by the time February rolls around.  Wink

If it flys, I'll have to remember to eat early that night.  I'm riding the Atkins train at the moment...   Roll Eyes

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
FieroDough
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 09:23:52 am »

i agree we need structure, but i also beleive Steve is still the man for the prez Job. Everyone was out of it this year.(myself included) but this year is going to be different. The wedding is over and the finds are pointing to my Fiero again! Cheesy
GoFast85
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 12:20:58 pm »

Grin
Oh sure, pick a place which you can walk to.  Possibly even without freezing your important parts off by the time February rolls around.  

If it flys, I'll have to remember to eat early that night.  

You have just now been elected for this months pick a spot/time contest. My diesel takes a little while to warm up, so I can bus it to almost any Ottawa spot.  Any QUIET sport where we can hold a meeting with a get together after should be ok.  
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 03:16:54 pm »

It’s not just that we are not that active, we are all busy with other things.  Why are we busy with other things?  Because we want to do other things.  Why does anyone do anything?  It’s because we believe somewhere that there is a payoff for what we are doing, long term (work) or short term (TV, procrastinating).  Even when committing a selfless act we are playing into our self satisfying gratification process, a small release of serotonin to ease your mind, it makes you feel good.  It also makes it imposable to commit a truly selfless act.  So even when you think you are doing something for someone else, you are still doing it for yourself.

So what the hell am I going on about?  Good question.

I’m talking about those happy drugs, produced inside the body, unknown to all of us, driving us in the directions that we are all destined to go in.  Slaves we are; to ourselves.

Anyway, the point is.  What will make people enjoy themselves enough that they will make time for it, again and again?  What is it that bonds us all?  Apart from the obvious?

I’ll bet that if the club was to have an all inclusive trip to Mexico paid for by the club, that all would attend?  What is it that all the members of the club might do on a given night anyway, other than watch TV, because that wouldn’t work, we’d all want to watch something different.

I think the club is going to have to get together in clumps.  This group likes to do this and that group likes to do that.  Well, I shouldn’t say that.  The club doesn’t have to get together in clumps, but it likely always will.  Of course we all like to chat here, but that doesn’t say much for our work ethics.  But that brings us back to the aforementioned.  Who really wants to work?  No one, we just want the benefits that come from working.  

Not everyone wants to go out and spend money.  Not everyone like loud places.  Not everyone wants to show their car.  Not everyone wants to drive their car (some can’t).   Not everyone wants to socialize without the alcoholic lubricator.  Most people don’t like strangers.  Well what the hell.  Am I just babbling?   Yes.

So suggestions, somewhere cheep, somewhere quiet.  Like someone’s house.  Any volunteers?  I think it’s the best meeting location, however; most of us don’t have houses big enough to accommodate that many, it’s a good starting point though for bigger things.  Perhaps someone with a really large driveway as well?

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
FieroDough
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 08:26:43 am »

It’s not just that we are not that active, we are all busy with other things.  Why are we busy with other things?  Because we want to do other things.  Why does anyone do anything?  It’s because we believe somewhere that there is a payoff for what we are doing, long term (work) or short term (TV, procrastinating).  Even when committing a selfless act we are playing into our self satisfying gratification process, a small release of serotonin to ease your mind, it makes you feel good.  It also makes it imposable to commit a truly selfless act.  So even when you think you are doing something for someone else, you are still doing it for yourself.

Ahhhhh! make the hurting stop! *runs away screaming*

So what the hell am I going on about?  Good question.

I’m talking about those happy drugs, produced inside the body, unknown to all of us, driving us in the directions that we are all destined to go in.  Slaves we are; to ourselves.

WTF?  Huh You have far too much time on your hands. *lol*

Anyway, the point is.  What will make people enjoy themselves enough that they will make time for it, again and again?  What is it that bonds us all?  Apart from the obvious?

I’ll bet that if the club was to have an all inclusive trip to Mexico paid for by the club, that all would attend?  What is it that all the members of the club might do on a given night anyway, other than watch TV, because that wouldn’t work, we’d all want to watch something different.

Maybe not a trip to Mexico, but we can do alot of different things instead of just meeting for supper. We used to (previous year) to meet 2 or 3 times a week and talk about anything! it was awesome. Many of us had to take a back seat to the Fiero scene this year. *sigh*

But we can do new things! Bowling, Golfing, Go Karting, Home BBQ?, Go to the Solo-II, watch me an my bro make a fool of ourselves at the enduro races. *lol* Garage days, there is so much to do!
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 10:29:18 am »

I'm planning on having a lot more time this summer.
I'm cutting back my hours at work, and getting into more of the things I want to do.

It seems that a few other members are going to have an active year as well.  Let's enjoy it while it's there.

Solo II?  I'm up for that, and much much, more.

Just say no to 70 hour work weeks!  It's a crime, and really F@#$'s up your body.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 06:38:11 pm »

This summer I have a few plans myself, nothing too major.  Try and cut my summer time work schedule in half.  Get that garage started in April.  Finish whatever renovations still need to be done at home.  Get the cars suited up for the season, engines, suspension upgrades, and all that fun stuff we like to remedy our boredom with!  Grin

I was mentioning the other night to Gary how it wouldn't be a bad idea to call a club meeting for next Saturday, the 24th if I recall correctly.  What do you guys think?  We need to do something, even it is off-season.  This club needs more action!!!  Personally I'm going nuts waking up every morning, seeing the daily under the heap of snow and not being able to achieve that well known adrenaline rush.  It’s the ultimate kicker....
2ML67
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 07:55:32 am »

I agree winter sucks especially when it is way too far below zero out there. A good distraction is in order.
I have way too many cars at my place that you can't drive in this crap and I'm getting tired of listening to my van tires spinning when I don't want them to. Time for warmer weather or at least warmer thoughts.
GoFast85
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 12:22:17 pm »

GIZMO

Pick a place and a time.
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 07:54:13 pm »

Looks like Outback(Bank and Huntclub), Feb 7th I'll start a new post to set everything up.

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Club Issues « previous next »
Jump to: