Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:24:22 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: control arms - something funny here.. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: control arms - something funny here..  (Read 1371 times)
fiero308
« on: April 08, 2003, 03:46:01 pm »

I am in the process of putting in poly bushings in my front control arms and upon removal, I am seeing something that seems rather strange to me; just wondering if anyone has comments on it?
The lower control arm main pivot points (where it attaches to the frame) are NOT aligned.  Close but not in line.  That seems a bit funny.
Has anyone else noticed this?  I can only guess that it is to intro a bit of toe-in on bump steer and the rubber bushings are forgiving enough to allow it to work this way.  What about the poly bushings?  Has anyone here put in the poly bushings up front?  Tyler?  Anyone?  Any ill effects?
Just want to see if I have a special 'experimental' version; LOL Wink
tia
gp
ddroger
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 05:51:20 pm »

Hmmm ......

Somehow that just don't seem to look right!!

I'd be glad to drop over and give a hand's-on $0.02 worth. Are you working on it tonight or...?

Don

825-2465
fiero308
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 05:58:57 pm »

yup.
c'mon over. I will try the phone again.
I suspect it IS the way it was designed..........  oh well.
Still would like to hear from anyone who has the poly bushings in place.
 Huh Huh Huh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: control arms - something funny here.. « previous next »
Jump to: