Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:13:42 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: New Addition « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Addition  (Read 1451 times)
34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« on: August 02, 2005, 08:36:04 am »

Well, after a few years of searching, I've finally found my '88!  Picked up a 5-spd Formula last week from Toronto.  She needs a bit of TLC to be road worthy again, but nothing too difficult.  At least I hope so!  Grin  I'll be posting needed parts in the appropriate forum.  I plan on turning it into a street legal SoloII / track car over the next few years.  Right now, I just want to get it road worthy over the winter.

tyler...
fiero308
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 09:18:24 am »

wow Tyler; that looks fantastic; it LOOKS like it is in great shape; wtg for being patient and getting the one you want.

gp
lercs
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:35:44 am »

thats awesome

i eventually want a 88 as well..

dont we all :lol:
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 09:41:08 am »

Nice catch!

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 03:09:25 pm »

Nice one, Tyler.  I assume the inspection went okay.  Hope the trip was uneventful.

34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 02:00:04 pm »

That picture makes the car look much better than it actually is.  The paint is original and it shows.  Both front and rear facias need to be realligned.  The rear is hanging low by about an inch on the passenger side.  The front facia and hood have been push back about 1/2 inch.  The windshield is busted and will need to be replaced.  The radiator is missing the fins on the lower half, but as I already have a spare, it is not much of a concern.

The one thing that I forgot to check in my excitement, the first thing on any fiero that should be inspected before purchasing:  coolant tubes.  The car has obviously been lifted by the rear of the tubes.  They're both bent up at the back.  Oh well, one more thing to be fixed...

tyler...
fiero308
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 02:10:21 pm »

Tyler
you could consider fixing short pieces of the coolant tubes with either rubber hose OR.......
1" or 1 1/4" soft Type L copper line the same as is used for building water service; it is pressure rated at least 125psi and is (somewhat) flexible.
if you have to replace ie about 1 or 2 ft then that is an option.

You might be able to score a chunk from a plbg contractor.
Contact me if you are interested

just an idea

34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 02:59:08 pm »

The pipes don't look crushed, at least from below.  I'm sure that they're crimped though.  I'm pretty sure that the damage will be limited to 1-2".  I'll probably just cut out the affected section and replace with rubber hose.

tyler...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: New Addition « previous next »
Jump to: