Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:58:25 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Clutch, Bleed.. hurts to speak! :P « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clutch, Bleed.. hurts to speak! :P  (Read 1958 times)
FieroDough
« on: July 27, 2002, 01:57:08 am »

Well the tranny is in and all is good, but the clutch is not fully dissengaging. Hydrolics hold pressure. No leaks ect.. just not enought travel.

There is some slop in the pedal. that may be the problem. Anyone care to have a look?

Cheers!
Eric
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2002, 07:29:09 am »

Just happens to be a bleeding thread at PFF
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/025228.html

The pedal should sit about an inch or so higher than the brake pedal.  I must say not sure about a retrofit like yours.  The pin travel at the slave should be about 1 1/8" or so.  V8 Archie's site should have some pics of what to look for in bent banjo fittings, pedals, etc.

I meant to mention.  The guy who used to do our buses, races stock cars. They have a 36 Chev, and he explained that they always fill in reverse due to bleeding problems.  They have a canister with a hand pump and attach it to the slave bleed screw.  Then pump the system  slowly full of fluid until the master fills up.  Works like a charm.  I always wondered if this would make it easy for Fieros.

Sounds like there may be a bent pedal bracket or banjo, or even still some air.  Bleeding sucks.

Gary
FieroDough
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2002, 10:12:12 am »

*Gets on knees and looks up to the sky*
"OH GOD WHY!!! WHY DO YOU MOCH ME!"

I just weant this damn thing to work! Tongue Just going to have one more coffe and off I go again to try and figure it out.

Cheers!
Eric
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Clutch, Bleed.. hurts to speak! :P « previous next »
Jump to: