Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:41:46 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Car option list « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: What should Steve do......
2.5 rebuild, supercharge   -0 (0%)
3.4   -0 (0%)
3.1   -0 (0%)
3.8   -0 (0%)
 4.3   -0 (0%)
Quad 4   -0 (0%)
4.X or Northstar(I wish)   -1 (20%)
find a dirty appraiser, couple gallons of gas and some matches   -4 (80%)
Total Voters: 1

Author Topic: Car option list  (Read 2685 times)
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« on: July 24, 2002, 09:42:18 pm »

Roll Eyes

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 07:01:02 am »

Just a few notes from my perspective. I considered this along the way as well.

2.5 *  Whatever form....bit of a dud (no offence)  Grin

3.4 *  Iron head..nice upgrade  (Tyler has one) I have most of the 2.8 add on bits you may need.

3.4 *  TDC or DOHC nice but I think it's just asking for $$$ probs.

3.1 * S/B an easier job and they're everywhere. 3 in Autotrader cheap.

3.8 * Quality upgrade in any form but more costly in time and $ to install.

4.3 *  Need an expensive kit or lots of fabbing.

Quad $ *  Nice but may be hard to locate in good shape.

4.? Caddy * Nice and fairly easy with auto tranny.  They say there are cheap motors out there but I can't fnd a good one.  I may know where there are a couple of 4.5's. I believe you need a custom flywheel US$400+ for a manual tranny.

N* * Call your banker.....'nuff said.  Shocked

I have a new 2.8 long block that I may sell or trade for a good Caddy if I have a blonde moment. I have about 2300.00 in it and it's still on the stand.

I would go 3.1 I think.  There are instructions around for using the newer DIS version.  Won't look like a 2.8 but if that's not a problem, so what.
Gary
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 12:20:31 pm »

On reflection....I think a series II 3800 would be nice.  It doesn't sound too hard, there must be a lot out there, Eric wouldn't get his knickers in a twist if it's not s/c.

Oh yeah, Eric should know a lot about doing this.  I bet he sees it in his dreams every night.  I hear you need to move it over a couple of holes, that kinda sucks.

Eric.. Jelly's name is Anthony (lives in Nova Scotia).  He is a mechanic, knows this stuff in and out.  He is often on the chat at PFF later at night.  Skitime put a 3800 s/c in as well and he is on a lot too. I'm sure they can help.
Gary
FieroDough
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 11:54:09 pm »

Cool Engine is ready. Smiley
Instead of dished pistons I got flat pistons. Smiley  upped compression a tad and we decked the block. Smiley  Scotty did my bottom end TIGHT, all carefully measured. She will hold hard. Smiley  got a lower cam?  Huh so that I can rev higher.  Roll Eyes still not sure about that.. but this guys seems to know his engines.. I just don't want to catch a bad case of Honda.... That shit spreads everywere in the car and beffore you know it you have big tips and stickers!!!!  Lips Sealed EEEK!

I found this out tonight as I checked my messages. Ironcly.. I just completed the 5spd!
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2002, 12:14:14 am »

NOOOOO high revs good, I'm thinking of trying this with my duke(I'll post the site later can't find now), should smoke all, about 295HP out of the duke(supercharged)great revs and light, but in the meantime I may buy another to get going again

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
FieroDough
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2002, 01:33:53 pm »

EEEEK!  Shocked
He has honda fever! Quick! si him in a 70's corbette or a charger with an idling 426 Hemi! We may still be able to save him!

Eric
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Car option list « previous next »
Jump to: