Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:49:41 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: G Meter for the club? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Pick one of the following
Hook us up for $30   -3 (33.3%)
I would rent a G-Meter for $15 at least once   -5 (55.6%)
Good idea but no thank you   -1 (11.1%)
Why are you always asking us for money?   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Author Topic: G Meter for the club?  (Read 5639 times)
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2004, 04:56:07 pm »

Bad news I’m afraid.  The unit I ordered was apparently priced wrong by the manufacturer.  G-Tech also isn’t going to honour there miss-quoted prices.  So this whole thing is on hold until I can get a proper price on this unit.

Needless to say I’m not impressed with this whole thing since I have already paid $300 so far and have nothing to show for it.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2004, 03:08:44 pm »

An update for those that are interested.

An acceptable price has been reached, but for the SS model not the RR model, it’s basically the same model, without the PASS software (so no laptop options).  But the catch is that I have to wait for them to be in stock or I have to pay $50 more.  That’s happening sometime in February.  So this thing is on it’s way it’s just taking way too long.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2005, 01:35:50 pm »

For those that are interested (apparently 8 people) I have this item now.

I don’t even want to get into all the crap I went though trying to get one, so I’m not going to talk about why it took almost a year to get.

Aaron

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2005, 03:08:36 pm »

Tested G-meter in a friends car yesterday.  He ran ¼ mile in 15.78 (at 146 kph) in one of those new Mazda 3’s.
128 net HP

GoFast88
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2005, 07:53:45 am »

Just dying to try mine out when the 'puter comes back from Texas.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2005, 12:10:49 pm »

As long as it's not this weekend.  The g-tech is booked for Sat. and Sun.

Good to see someone else here posting on this topic.

TIP:  For best readings it's good to have an accurate weight for your car and always test it with about the same amount of fuel in it.

dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2005, 11:13:58 am »

Hey I'm just quiet, not uninterested.  Smiley

I might book some time with it later this summer, though mostly to get some lateral readings.  I don't see the point in measuring anything else until the 2.8's successor is in there.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
GoFast88
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2005, 12:17:06 pm »

TIP:  For best readings it's good to have an accurate weight for your car
I hope that I don't have to wonder if you got a weight for your car yet Evil Evil
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2005, 01:05:13 pm »

Designed a cool little scale (one wheel at a time), now all I have to do is build it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 04:46:49 am by aaron88 » Logged

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2005, 01:27:35 pm »

This is the little do-dad.

34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2005, 03:31:44 pm »

Found the following on the MCO board and thought you might be interested:

http://www.mco.org/cms/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3944
Weigh Your Car

On Hazeldean Rd. between Carp Rd and Highway 7 there is a truck service center with a digital scale. I pass it quite often, and the gate is always open and nobody is there at night, so tonight I brough the car in and rolled her up on the scale. 2780lbs w/ half a tank of gas and no driver. I got in and boy, is that scale ever accurate

You can even weigh 1 axle at a time to calculate how balanced you are. It's pretty far out west (stittsville) but still neat to know. http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=....k&hl=en I would have asked before using it, but nobody was around to ask, the scale lights are on 24/7 and visible from the road.

tyler...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: G Meter for the club? « previous next »
Jump to: