Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:29:34 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: If you were to go with a body kit, which one? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you were to go with a body kit, which one?  (Read 2415 times)
MacPhail
« on: July 13, 2006, 04:17:57 pm »

Out of curiousity, if you were to get a body kit or do some major body modifications, what would you do?

I like the kits Archie has - maybe match the front of one with the back of the other.  Then again, I like Norm's tilting front clip.

Just curious.

Cheers, Derek
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 05:59:54 pm »

I like the Fino and Finale because they are not a cheap copy of another car.  PISA has the Jalapeno (used to?) which is certainly different.  A plain wide body is cool as well if you don't mind doing the rear suspension (fierowarehouse.com)

I personally would love to make an old time 30's or 40's look from scratch.  But then I can't even bolt the stock parts together.  Embarrassed

I do not like the 355 noses available and don't think Norm's front makes a great match (maybe if you customise the rear as well). Lambo kits suck and yada, yada.
MacPhail
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 06:44:37 pm »

I was thinking the Finale front and the Fino rear (I like the taller rear spoiler).

Or...

The Fino rear with Norm's tilt front clip.

Or...

The ZR-2 (http://pisafierohq.com/rebody_kits/zr-2/) and Norm's tilt front clip.

Just dreaming still.  Smiley 

I agree:  The Lambo kits look lame.

Cheers, Derek
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 06:47:47 pm by MacPhail » Logged
JetJumper
Jetjumper
FORUM MASTER
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 09:14:02 pm »

What about something like this for the back end of the fiero?

-----------------------
JetTech
www.jetjumper.ca
-----------------------
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 09:44:05 pm »

My 2 cents worth;

If you remove the Fiero body you have removed the best looking part of the car, the furthest I would go is to do a wide-body. Have you seen a wide body Notchie? Oh drool! Here is an example No offence to anyone, but some of those rebodies are lame. There are lots of add ons for the Fiero that will enhance it while keeping it looking like a Fiero.   Kevin
JetJumper
Jetjumper
FORUM MASTER
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 12:37:08 am »

hmm.. I don't know if I like the wide body one from them.  I am looking mostly at this one I found on the net.

Its the Fino Kit from Archie, but different lighting on the rear.

this is the standard one.

Which lighting do you guys like better?

-----------------------
JetTech
www.jetjumper.ca
-----------------------
c-l
Global Moderator
Moving UP!

Ottawa Fiero Club President

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 10:12:36 am »

The blue fino lights look a lot better

......... There is always a way!
MacPhail
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 09:06:49 pm »

What about something like this for the back end of the fiero?

Bugatti?  I'd love to have the whole damn thing, engine and all!

I watched Clarkson driving one on Top Gear the other weekend.  What a beautiful piece of engineering!

Cheers, Derek
MacPhail
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 09:12:57 pm »

I picked up some Stage 2 scoops today (thanks for finding that post for me Gary  Afro ). 

I'll add them in the spring along with the tilt front clip from Norm's and some sort of spoiler (I like the style found on the Fino).  The sunroof will be turfed and replaced with a solid roof (or a scoop to help push away the engine heat).  I'd probably drive to Norm's shop and have him do all the body mod's.

I'd like to change the taillights though.  That is why I envy the fastback folks:  The lights look sharp and on top of that, you have a few options in terms of fiberglass inserts.

Cheers, Derek
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: If you were to go with a body kit, which one? « previous next »
Jump to: