Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:50:30 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Drive Clean Info « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Drive Clean Info  (Read 864 times)
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« on: May 26, 2004, 01:13:07 pm »

FYI
from x-thumpr-x

I went searching on Emissions for vehicle's with changed motors and found this at the MTO website.
What happens if I change(d) the motor in my Light-Duty vehicle?

If the vehicle is included in the program (appropriate age, registered in the program area), it will be considered a hot rod if the motor differs from the type that was originally offered by the manufacturer for that particular model year. All hot rods registered as the model year 1999 or earlier will continue to be tested according to 1980 emission standards. Vehicles registered as model year 2000 and later will be tested according to emission standards for their model year. Vehicles built to non-Canadian standards but imported into Canada will be tested similarly. Other specialty vehicles will be tested according to 1980 emission standards for an indefinite period, except for vehicles that have "kit" marked on the vehicle licence. Kit cars are exempt from the Drive Clean program.

http://www.driveclean.com/

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
2ML67
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 05:13:29 pm »

When I had the 3100SFI car e-tested it went through non hot rod because the 2.8 came in Fiero's and the 3.1 is merely the replacement engine for the 2.8.
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 06:47:04 pm »

Yeah when i did it was the same.

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Drive Clean Info « previous next »
Jump to: