Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:12:47 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 3800 swap wiring « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3800 swap wiring  (Read 882 times)
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« on: June 12, 2006, 09:45:33 pm »

You know, we tend to look at Dan as some kind of genious, throwing together swap after swap.  They say the wiring is too difficult to do at home. Well, I figure I can do it too.  After all, I'm much better looking than Dan.

Plug in the various wires to the motor, and throw the ball of wire (loom) over the top to see where it lands. I have the wiring diagrams and the motor ran before it came out...right?  First wire, ID it, maf sensor ground, pull out a bunch of wire, cut it off and label it ground.  Any fool can ground a wire later.  Second wire, maf sensor, 12 v, wow! is this cool or what.  I can get power later too, so cut and label it.  Next, maf sensor, to ecm plug.  Okay, check my notes and guess what?  No frickin' maf wire listed.  Okay that's an oddity, so we'll cut it off and label it 'WTF' for obvious reasons.

After a while playing, I have several wires needing power or 6 volt reference, a few grounds, a couple to the ecm plugs and a dozen labelled "WTF"  This is going great!

Geez, I hope the boy wonder doesn't have a stroke when he gets a look at this.    Just to check my work, mind you.   Undecided
2ML67
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:25:05 am »

Come on Gary quit giving away my secrets if every one figures it out there goes my hobby. Gary are you going to be home on the 24th if so I will come up for a visit. Dan
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 01:19:51 pm »

There seem to be an awful lot of wires that go nowhere...... so I just cut them off.  Also some sensor plugs with no sensors that fit or can be found.  Spares?

Hope that is okay.  Afro
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 3800 swap wiring « previous next »
Jump to: