Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:06:26 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 3800SC series II clutch « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3800SC series II clutch  (Read 1511 times)
2ML67
« on: May 10, 2006, 08:33:57 pm »

Any one know which is a good clutch to use with a 3800SC swap into a Fiero with a 5 speed Getrag. Will the Fiero clutch bolt to the Camaro flywheel. Dan
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 09:27:42 pm »

Well, it seems to me that you had a hand in bolting mine to a Camaro flywheel. 

Azn

I used ARP sbc cam bolts as per some websites.  I can hunt down the part number if desired.  They come 3 to a card and can be had at any speed shop. One of the guys on the Yahoo list sells flywheel bolts (don't know if they are the same)

You need to have the flywheel machined to the thickness of the Fiero 2.8 one. crank face to clutch side face.  There is mention that the 3800 n/a S2 is a slightly difference balance from a s/c.  That said, I believe there are flywheels that have been machined and used without a match balance to the original flexplate.  Mine was done due to the difference between S1 and S2.

The clutch of choice seems to be the SPEC 3.  I believe that any heavy duty clutch may prove suitable.  Owner's driving habits may cause trouble unrelated to clutch make.  Mine is a Bully (Ottawa Clutch) but was a lot cheaper through a speed shop than direct from the manufacturer.  I have heard nasty things about Centerforce and Bully, so it seems to be a crap shoot.

Is Stephane's car a manual?
2ML67
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 09:25:45 am »

Done manual swaps before but always got the engine and tranny already mounted together. This guy says the car will only get light driving and wants to reuse his almost new Fiero V6 clutch. Do you see any problems with it bolting up. Dan
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:53:03 am »

He'll still need to machine the flywheel. Use the Fiero clutch due to space restrictions in the bellhousing, so the 2.8 one will fit.  The snag is do you really believe an L67 can get light driving only?   Grin

I'm sure it will last for a while as long as it doesn't get dumped at 5 grand.  Your looking at an increase in hp of say 40 percent.  Is the stock clutch built with a 40 % tolerance?
lacelles
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 09:35:05 pm »

Is Stephane's car a manual?

No, automatic.....  Cheesy

-- 1999 Buick Regal GS 3800SC - SOLD - Sad
-- 1987 Fiero GT 3800SC - SOLD - Sad
http://www.lacelle.ca
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 3800SC series II clutch « previous next »
Jump to: