Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:43:50 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 84 suspension(?) somehow different from all others? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 84 suspension(?) somehow different from all others?  (Read 1025 times)
fiero308
« on: May 28, 2004, 07:58:36 am »

over the past couple of years I have noticed a LOT of 84's go up for sale (like right now!) and usually for darn cheap.  I realize that is the first year yadda yadda and 'fire problems' and recalls and rods breaking thru blocks and all that but .......(roll eyes) aside from those 'minor' issues is the suspension and the running gear and brakes - ALL that stuff the same as other years?

The reason I ask is that I thought I had heard that there were SOME differences about (I think?) the suspension, but since I didn't have one or was thinking of getting one I didn't pay attention and now don't know.  I am thinking of buying a country property and making it a retirement home for fieros....... Grin  nahhhh
just really curious because IFF they are exactly the same as other years in every respect then a really peculiar engine swap (for me) might start forming in my mind.......
Anyone?  Any known differences?
TIA!!
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 09:20:41 am »

The technical wonders can speak up later.

They seem to be cheap to me because....
4 cyl only/ no provision for v-6
wiring is different
plentiful
good for parts  Grin

I believe some of the mount points in the rear suspension are very slightly different, but all the parts are common 84-87 AFAIK.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 11:03:39 am »

The 84 brakes are definitely interchangeable with the 85-87's (been there, done that).

Steering rack is also definitely interchangeable, but IIRC the 84's have a 3-turn rack, and the 85-88's have either a 3.5 turn or 2.5 turn depending upon the options the car was shipped with.

...and based on a visual inspection of everything else, I'd say yes to the rest of the suspension.  But no I am not about to start swapping parts out of my freshly re-assembled 85 suspension in to Kitten's 84 just to know for certain.  Wink

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
GoFast85
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 09:37:21 am »

Sail panels are diferent between the 84 and the others. (or so they tell me.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 84 suspension(?) somehow different from all others? « previous next »
Jump to: