Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:05:54 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Battery problems. VERY Weird problems « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battery problems. VERY Weird problems  (Read 893 times)
JP_86_2M4
« on: May 02, 2005, 08:48:35 pm »

Good evening guys,

I dont know if its just my luck but something on the car always seems to break during the spring time.  Well this spring it was the bolt retaining the alternator that broke loose so I left it at the dealership (belisle) so they could change the belt at the same time.  When they tried to take the battery out (which was 4 months old) they had a hard time to take the negative screw out off the battery.  I'm not sure how they ended up with the picture below, but it seems like the pulled out the hexagon bolt that is melted in lead that makes up the thread and the post.  So I head back to CT to have a new one and they tell me its not covered by the warranty and that since the garage did this, they should be paying for it.  I havent went back to the dealership but seems like I'm going to have a hard time with them too.  What do you guys think?  Has anyone seen this before? 
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 09:22:49 am »

You tell them mofo’s that if they are going to wreck something that doesn’t need to be wrecked then they can fix the problems they create as well.  And since they promote hiring people without proper tools they can pay for it out of their own pockets too.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 12:03:25 pm »

Shocked  It looks as though someone took a torch to the cable end & softened the lead until the bolt could be pulled out.

I've dealt with batteries which have been connected for four or more years instead of a paltry four months, and never have I had to get destructive.  Once in a blue moon I've needed a long lever, but...

Unless there are a few important pieces missing from your story, I think that whomever did that hatchet job owes you a new battery.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
JP_86_2M4
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 01:45:59 pm »

Well I had to pay for a new batt.  They brought down the price of parts down though but still it was 83$ for a new batt compared to their insane listed price of 115$.  The new problem I'm having is that since they did the repair the temp gauge indicates 3/4 (near red) after I left it idling for 30min outside when it was like 7-10 degrees outside.  I've never seen that gauge go past the 1/4 mark and never past the 1/2 mark at like 30 degrees outside so something's wrong for sure.  I'm bringing it back there this afternoon to see if its a quick fix.  I also have to get this front end suspension fixed; after I asked them to check it out, the front end is really loose now and the car "wobbles" because of the ball joints.  Apparently a 1200$ job according to them ofcourse.   Shocked
I'll most likely be there tomorrow at the meet driving very slowly ofcourse...hehe   Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Battery problems. VERY Weird problems « previous next »
Jump to: