Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:28:01 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: wtb: getrag 5-speed « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wtb: getrag 5-speed  (Read 2622 times)
Rob
« on: January 26, 2005, 08:05:29 pm »

anyone out there have a cheap set-up out there.. I know its a long shot! more then a long shot! lol.. but you never know.. Ive got my new secret project going one.. and would like to convert to a 5-speed...

Thanks! rob
Joe Fieroshop
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 10:03:24 am »

Rob, are you looking for a whole car or just the parts? I may have everything?

Joe
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 11:39:03 am »

Getrag 5 speed isn't a cheep conversion unless you get lucky and find one in a Fiero.

What do you consider cheep.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Rob
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 05:22:43 pm »

Fiero shop... Im not looking for the whole car.. Im looking for the tranny/cables/gearshift.. I dont know if I wanna put how much I consider cheap incase someone thinks cheap is cheaper then me!

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 05:34:08 pm »

Okay then, my getrag conversion;

Transmission
Front transmission bracket
Rear transmission bracket
Shift cable
Select cable
Shifting assembly
Clutch peddle and assembly
Brake peddle
Clutch master cylinder
Clutch slave cylinder
Steel hydraulic line
Shift cable bracket
Select cable bracket
Cast iron clutch fork lever
FWD conversion brackets

About $1000 for the list, plus a clutch and flywheel.

The price also kind of depeds on what you have now.  I'm assuming that you have an auto?

Aaron

« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 05:36:56 pm by aaron88 » Logged

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Rob
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 05:56:31 pm »

I already have the following:

clutch line, clutch master cylinder, clutch pedal assembley.

clutch and pressure plate Im ording from the states.. it will be a spec stage 3..
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 05:59:57 pm »

You could save yourself about $500 by getting a Fiero 282 transmission with brackets. But they are hard to find.

It does seem like Joe is saying that he has one already.  What's the price Joe with all the brackets and maybe cables?

Aaron

Slammed Fiero
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 04:18:37 pm »

If your not particularly attached to the car you have , sell it and Buy a 5spd. It's a cheaper undertaking than converting.

I used an 89 Cavalier tranny and incl. the Rebuild with some better internals I am at about $2300.. Plus the cost of the flywheel and the Clutch Im just a bit over $3000.

My advice..find a 5spd car.
Joe Fieroshop
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 10:55:59 am »

You could save yourself about $500 by getting a Fiero 282 transmission with brackets. But they are hard to find.

It does seem like Joe is saying that he has one already.  What's the price Joe with all the brackets and maybe cables?

Aaron

I only sell the cables new, I have a few 282 tranny's most are from a FWD. I might have one from an 88? but have to make sure first. The price of the FWD 282 are $500, if I have one from a Fiero with all brakets it's $750. I already have the front tranny 282 fiero braket custom made, I'm going to have the rear one made too, since my used stock is running low.

Joe
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 03:19:38 pm »

The price of the FWD 282 are $500...

...Joe

We can get those here for $250.

Aaron

Joe Fieroshop
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 09:22:16 am »

The price of the FWD 282 are $500...

...Joe

We can get those here for $250.

Aaron

I can get the same ones for $250-300 too, but the milage is very high. I all ways look for something that has low K's, in the long run it's saves both the purchaser on future repairs and myself having to do the work a second time.  Afro

Joe
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 02:15:43 pm »

[Aaron

I can get the same ones for $250-300 too, but the milage is very high. I all ways look for something that has low K's, in the long run it's saves both the purchaser on future repairs and myself having to do the work a second time.  Afro

Joe

I here you, doing something twice is only half as fun as doing it once.  So there you have it.  Roll the dice 282 for $250 or one you can trust more, for $500.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: wtb: getrag 5-speed « previous next »
Jump to: