Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:52:38 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: WTB: 5 speed Getrag transaxle and shifter « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTB: 5 speed Getrag transaxle and shifter  (Read 1512 times)
GSXRBOBBY
« on: April 10, 2004, 01:47:51 pm »

I am doing a Northstar swap soon and I am going to need to trade my 4 speed out for a 5 speed. Looking to buy a 5 speed Getrag but it has to be the Getrag, the Isuzu will not work due to the location of the shifters. If you have one that you would sell E-mail me at thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 11:31:27 am »

I think you're going to have to get a FWD Getrag and do the conversion, for rear mount.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 11:23:02 am »

I think your right?
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 11:38:44 pm »

I found a Getrag and bought it but it doesn't have anything with it other than the throw out bearing. From another place I bought the shifter and the cables but it cost me $200 for that. And I still need the mounts and brackets, can anyone help there, other than Rodney Dickman, looking to save a few bucks if I can, even though he sells good replacement parts.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 11:37:14 am »

Is this a Fiero transmission or not?

If it's not you will need many brackets to convert to rear engine shift;
1. slave cylinder / shifter bracket
2. select shifter bracket
3. cast iron fork lever
4. Rear engine (or FWD) conversion kit including 3 small brackets
5. Front transmission bracket
6. Rear transmission bracket

It adds up to a lot.

There isn't much of a choice of where to go because Rodney is really the only one that offers the kit that I know of and would trust.  I could make a kit but then you are talking about waiting a long time for me to have time to design the kit.  I don't really have the time for it.

I see that you had a 4 speed transmission in the car already.  Can you use those transmission mount's?  I haven't looked into it but the cases are similar.

Aaron

« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 11:42:38 am by aaron88 » Logged

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 05:44:36 pm »

Its a 5 speed from an 87 GT. here are 2 pictures of what I have.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: WTB: 5 speed Getrag transaxle and shifter « previous next »
Jump to: