Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:50:38 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: attn' J-body people (Eric?) 60 deg V6 people etc « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: attn' J-body people (Eric?) 60 deg V6 people etc  (Read 958 times)
fiero308
« on: June 29, 2004, 09:03:58 am »

there is a shop in TO that promotes itself as having 'all kinds of weird and wonderful things' for the 60 deg V6 motor.  Also, of course, for J body cars.  They are called "J Body Performance"...... and have a website as such.  Hours are kinda funny; afternoons and evenings....Huh

I have been communicating with them a bit as I am interested in some parts for my engine etc and they pretty much promise 'the sky'..... forged steel cranks, custom forged pistons, CUSTOM CAMS; SS valves; all for my little 3.4 dohc....... stuff I can't seem to find that easily.  Which is great, as long as they will deliver.  And since I got that email from the owner I haven't had a single followup from them, ie on issues like pricing and availability/delivery time/did I say price? etc etc etc.  Right now I don't know what to think.
Soooooooooo
anyone have any dealings with them?  Good bad or indifferent? 
Comments and experience appreciated.
thx!!

FieroDough
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 07:32:25 am »

there is a shop in TO that promotes itself as having 'all kinds of weird and wonderful things' for the 60 deg V6 motor.  Also, of course, for J body cars.  They are called "J Body Performance"...... and have a website as such.  Hours are kinda funny; afternoons and evenings....Huh

I have been communicating with them a bit as I am interested in some parts for my engine etc and they pretty much promise 'the sky'..... forged steel cranks, custom forged pistons, CUSTOM CAMS; SS valves; all for my little 3.4 dohc....... stuff I can't seem to find that easily.  Which is great, as long as they will deliver.  And since I got that email from the owner I haven't had a single followup from them, ie on issues like pricing and availability/delivery time/did I say price? etc etc etc.  Right now I don't know what to think.
Soooooooooo
anyone have any dealings with them?  Good bad or indifferent? 
Comments and experience appreciated.
thx!!

I never dealt with them as I have a 2.4L Twin cam. But!

make sure they understand you have the 3.4L TDC and not the standard 3.4L that is popular with the J-body!

Sad to say, But I have learned one very important lesson from the majority of people that own J's (not all, but a majority). They think they know alot about the car's and engines but they don't pay attention to what you are saying and have the Fast and Furious attitude of only listening to a few elite people who in turn don't know what they are talking about...

So just keep repeating 3.4TDC 3.4TDC 3.4TDC even mutter Olsmobile in there a few times to wake them up... Make sure they truely understand what engine you are talking about.

Cheers!
Eric

fiero308
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 11:40:22 am »

well as time goes on I get a distinct feeling for how they work, I guess.  If you can't get a response as a potential "GIVER" of money, then I wonder what luck you would have if they already HAD your $$.......Huh  hmmmm

and I don't get a really good feel for it.  Oh well; you gotta try I guess, sooner or later you find that "One" diamond in the pile of coal. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: attn' J-body people (Eric?) 60 deg V6 people etc « previous next »
Jump to: