Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:10:56 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: 88 cradle into an 84-87? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 88 cradle into an 84-87?  (Read 1346 times)
fiero308
« on: April 24, 2003, 08:11:37 am »

been reading LOTS about the benefits of putting the 88 cradle into the earlier models and am wondering if anyone here (or who reads this board) has actually DONE this?Huh? Huh
I have no idea of any of the implications; does it 'simply' bolt-in?  (ed note: the previous sentence is a contradiction in terms Wink )
Or would that more-or less give the equivalent of the earlier cradle but with the RCC or equiv bumpsteer kit and upgraded struts.  I haven't so much as SEEN a pic of the 88 cradle so can't begin to qualify this.  I am interested in improving the handling as much as I can but there will be limit$ to everything.
Any input or links anyone?  Has anyone done, seen or tried this?
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 05:10:07 pm »

I have an 88!

In fact, I’m pulling my engine out next weekend (3rd of May) for a conversion that will likely take about two months duration (given the amount of time I have to put into it).

I’m also sorry to inform you that most of the handling difference comes from the front end not the rear end.  But if you want to you can have a look at my car.  I think the cradle actually mounts differently as well.  The 88 is a solid mount where as the 84 to 87 cradle mounts with rubber.  I do however remember reading somewhere on the net that some company sells a conversion kit for changing you suspension to 88 style all the way around.  But you’re talking bucks.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: 88 cradle into an 84-87? « previous next »
Jump to: