Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:31:37 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Wanted Cast Clutch Arm « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wanted Cast Clutch Arm  (Read 1767 times)
NoFiero
« on: September 12, 2009, 12:51:18 pm »

Anyone have an extra cast clutch arm for a 5 speed ISUZU kicking around?

Thanks
2ML67
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 01:38:31 pm »

I have one attached to a good working 88 Fiero Isuzu tranny that has the shifter and two sets of cables with it for $100. Dan
NoFiero
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:26:49 pm »

Great deal, however I just bought shift cables at the end of last season and I don't really have storage for the tranny. I have replaced the master and slave on the car, bleed the system properly, clutch pedal seems higher than the brake and still the clutch isn't right (hard to get into first, clutch pedal has to be mashed on the floor).  It looks like someone may have welded the clutch arm at one point, which might be causing the problems. I am getting to the point I would be willing to pay someone to take a look at it.
2ML67
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 07:56:55 pm »

Look at the slave cylinder while some one pushes in the clutch pedal, if you are getting 3/4 to 1 inch of travel on the push rod coming out of the slave the problem is not clutch related or atleast not the hydraulic portion.
Can you get all other gears including reverse while parked with the engine running if so you may have a bad syncro.
Reverse is usually the hardest gear to get into when the clutch is acting up not first. Dan
NoFiero
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 10:24:43 pm »

It looks like the slave is moving about 7/8". It will grind going into reverse, unless I am real careful with it and make sure the clutch pedal is right on the floor. It doesn't grind in first, just a hard shift and the engage/disengage is really low on the pedal. It was like this before the new master/slave, albeit a bit better now. The car has 40000km on it so not a lot of miles on the clutch.

The first Fiero I had shifted real well, so I know this thing should be better.

2ML67
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:12:48 am »

Sounds like your clutch may be on its way out, is there any slippage under heavy load. Dan
NoFiero
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 01:05:02 pm »

No slipping what so ever. There are two things I am wondering, If there is a little "slack" in the clutch pedal, but if 3/4" works for my tranny than that erases that idea. The other is it looks like someone welded the old steel clutch arm on the car, if that is the case than maybe it is a problem.

BTW, thanks very much for any help. This has driven me crazy since I got the car.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Wanted Cast Clutch Arm « previous next »
Jump to: