Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:11:55 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: FREE: Windshield « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FREE: Windshield  (Read 2747 times)
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« on: September 06, 2010, 02:33:16 pm »

Still attached to upper roof section, a-pillars, and upper section of front firewall.

Either take the entire assembly, or extract the glass where it sits.  If you break the glass while it's at our place, you don't get to leave until you clean it up.   Smiley

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 07:44:34 am »

The windshield will be available until the end of September; after that it's getting tossed.

lercs
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 08:17:39 pm »

just a question because I am unsure of members whereabouts, but where does it currently sit?
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 06:01:19 am »

We're 5 minutes south of Carleton Place.

dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 11:00:44 am »

It has been spoken for...

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 11:31:16 am »

Damn!  I guess I missed this one.

I don’t actually need the windshield but I do need the black paint that goes around the edges.  Ever since I got a scratch in mine I’ve been wanting to replace it.  Maybe before you get rid of the glass you could scrape off he black paint?  I know it’s going to be a bit of trouble but since you said it was free and all it’s no skin off my back.

Anyway let me know if it’s not too much trouble.  It’s just that it’s going to be impossible to get an exact colour match otherwise.  Also now that I have written this useless post I suppose I should get back to work, and since you have read it you too should get back to work.  Next time just run it though me before you get rid of anything with black paint on it.

Thanks for nothin,

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 10:06:14 am »

Paint scrapings.   Huh  Aaron I dare say that is the most unique request which has ever been made of me.  Smiley

I can't take any from the front glass as that has been spoken for, but if similar paint is on the rear glass we might be able to oblige some time between now & November. 

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 11:46:40 pm »

Do you think you could get it off in one piece?

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 05:42:27 am »

If you don't mind a few fragments of the chassis still glued to it, yes.  I've never tried my hand at the whole piano wire glass extraction thing, but we're carving the chassis up in to trailer-sized pieces anyway - at the very least I should be able to trim away the bulk of the metal from the edge of the glass if you're interested in the whole thing.

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 10:58:49 am »

All I need is the paint.  Can you get that off in one piece?

Are you frustrated yet?HuhHuh?  This is exactly how I feel on PFF.  That's where most of the big info is.  But I just can't stand the ungrateful posters that just want you to do everything for them.  I don't know what got over me but I just wanted, for a moment, to join the party.

It always goes something like this.
can someone tell me what I should do......
everyone should get together and vote.......
that's interesting.  Can you show me how you did that.....and don't forget lots of pictures.....because I know you don't have anything else to do.....
post a video so I can send it to my friends
bump
bump
bump
bump
come on you lazy ass I've waited long enough for an update....
why did you do that....that's dumb....
so-and-so is better than so-and-so.....
I need more pictures....
can you do it for me and then send it to me for some ridiculously low price?
how can I do that for less than $2.25....because that's all my wife lets me have....
thanks for the info eveyone...I hope my praise is good enough for all your time and effort because that's all your getting and you should be glad to have it.......I guess I could give a plus for you but then you'll owe me.
then the post dies.

I don't need anything Don, I was just pulling your leg.

Cheers,

Aaron

dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 11:52:56 am »

Hook, line, and sinker.  D'oh!   Grin

Kitten
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

Unofficial Ottawa Fiero Club shutter bug

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 11:56:01 am »

roflmao.

Nicely done Aaron Smiley  I kept telling Don that he should ask if you wanted the blinker fluid too while he was at it.  But no, he kept trying to figure out what part you were talking about   Cheesy

All I need is the paint.  Can you get that off in one piece?

Are you frustrated yet?HuhHuh?  This is exactly how I feel on PFF.  That's where most of the big info is.  But I just can't stand the ungrateful posters that just want you to do everything for them.  I don't know what got over me but I just wanted, for a moment, to join the party.
Cheers,

Aaron

The excitement is in the curves.

Lead, Follow, Or get out of the way.
lercs
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 04:52:47 pm »

hilarity in this thread for sure!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: FREE: Windshield « previous next »
Jump to: