Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:37:57 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Windshields « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Windshields  (Read 2414 times)
2ML67
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:55:43 pm »

I am in need of a good windshield for my 84 after foolishly cracking it, does any one have a good one for sale. Dan
indypacecar
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 07:08:52 pm »

i Think that they are 140 dollars new.  I will try to find out tommorow. Sean
2ML67
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:15:22 pm »

No shops around here will just sell me a windshield with out letting them instal it and they want around $150 just for the instal not counting the cost of the windshield.
If I could buy one out right and instal it my self that would be a lot better as the old one is already out and every thing is prepped for the new one to go in. Dan
86GT
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 04:48:47 pm »

really? I just had a shop put a new windsheild in my 2001 F150 and it cost me $190 installed
2ML67
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 05:27:06 pm »

Found a shop this morning that will do it for $217 installed so they are putting it in on Friday.
Then with luck safety check will be done early next week then she is on the road or atleast for a few test drives. Then the real fun of getting the PCM tuned fully to match all the mods on this engine so it will run properly. Dan
87GT
Fiero Owner

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 06:57:44 pm »

Hey Dan,

What mods have you wrought on this engine?  RWHP est?

Gord
2ML67
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 07:51:01 pm »

Mostly internal work so far toped off with ZZP's NIC cam, just waiting for the Northstar throttle body adapter to arrive then instal 3" pulley and the 42.5lb injectors and retune it all over again before playing with it too much. I am really hoping to get past the 400 WHP by the time I am done so I can go play at the CDN tire in Ottawa again and see how these axle shafts take the abuse.
Just need to find a way to get gary to come along for that drive and bring spare axles just incase. Dan
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 09:39:18 am »

Did you go with a stick this time, or auto?

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
2ML67
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 11:26:41 am »

I was thinking manual but with the increased power I do not think a manual would hold out for long so I opted to stay auto for now.
Although I have a hole bunch of parts to go on this winter, part of which is all new rear suspension so I may convert to manual while it is all apart over the winter. Dan
2ML67
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 05:08:43 pm »

New windshield went in yesterday, cost $245 all together with taxes.
It is definetely much nicer driving with a new windshield, no more scratches or sand blasted crap reflecting light from other cars.
Did notice one thing about this one over my old one and that is I have a lot more top end power and pegged the speedo in no time.
May have to do a little more tuning where it comes to the tranny as she broke loose going into third on one hard pass down a deserted road near by, almost ended up putting her in the ditch. Some thing a little scary about going sideways at over 100 mph. Dan
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 07:17:45 pm »

Dude!  Put some 335's on the back end, and a huge spoiler!

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 09:36:25 am »

May have to do a little more tuning where it comes to the tranny as she broke loose going into third on one hard pass down a deserted road near by, almost ended up putting her in the ditch. Some thing a little scary about going sideways at over 100 mph. Dan

Are there any strips near you now, or is Shannonville still "it"?

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
2ML67
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 09:58:42 am »

Shannonville is still the closest track. At least now with my living in town I no longer have to keep my second car reliable with stores and such being within walking distance so I can drive the crap out of this one and not worry so much about breaking things. Dan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Windshields « previous next »
Jump to: