Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:50:56 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Wiring Diagram « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wiring Diagram  (Read 2430 times)
Fiero_power
« on: April 26, 2006, 05:03:49 pm »

I would like to know if anyone has a wiring diagram???  I've owned my car for 7 years now but if I don't figure this problem out soon I'm about loose it. 

I have no fuel.  Pressure is good, fuel pump was just changed and injector is good.  PLEASE HELP Cry

Joe
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 05:15:36 pm »

check fuel pump relay, fuel pump fuse and oil pressure switch.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 05:16:13 pm »

and make sure the contacts in the connector are clean.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Fiero_power
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 10:55:55 pm »

Thanks for the reply Aaron but I forgot to mention that I changed the fuel pmp relay when I changed the fuel pump as it was done.
2ML67
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 07:45:55 am »

You may have mentioned it before but what year and engine is your car. I know on 84's there is an extra wire that comes off the alternator to feed the ECM for running the fuel pump and injector. Dan
Fiero_power
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 08:47:33 am »

It's an 85 4 cylinder 2.5

Would what you said apply to 85's?
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 11:36:44 am »

Would what you said apply to 85's?

No.  The 84 Duke's wiring is unique to that model year.

A few easy tests to verify things...

• Key off, apply +12v to the tan wire in the ALDL connector.  If your new fuel pump (and the wiring) is good, the fuel pump should run.  If it doesn't run, either the new pump is junk or you have a wiring problem.
  • Key on, unplug the connector from the oil pressure switch and jump the orange/black & tan/white wires.  Fuel pump should run.  If not, either the fuel pump fuse is blown, or there's a break in the circuit downstream of the fuse.
  • Turn the key to START, and hold it until you see some action on the oil pressure gauge.  If the fuel pump hasn't kicked in by this time the fail-over switch inside the oil pressure sensor is bad.
  • Unplug connector the blue connector from the ECM.  Key on, apply +12 to pin 18 (dark green/white wire).  The f/p relay should click on, and the fuel pump should run.  If the relay clicks but the pump doesn't run, either the relay has bad contacts or you have a wiring problem between the relay and the pump.  If nothing happens, the relay either has a bad ground, there's a break in the green/white wire between the ECM and the relay, or the relay's coil is bad.

If (using the above) you've verified that the pump, relay, and associated circuitry is good, yet the fuel pump will not spring to life for a few seconds when you turn the key to RUN, the fuel pump driver circuit in the ECM is bad.

If the fuel pump will prime when the key is left in RUN, but fails to run when cranking, the ECM isn't seeing refererence pulses from the distributor.  Bad pickup coil, distributor magnet, or ignition module.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 03:31:42 pm »

holly step by step

Fiero_power
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 06:14:49 pm »

Thanks guys for the help once again.  I really appreciate it.  I got it going this afternoon.  One bad corroded wire. F---  All that time and that's all it was.

Thanks again...

Joe
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 07:53:08 pm »

Glad to hear you got it going Joe, Kevin  Afro
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 09:23:40 am »

holly step by step

Never give a pseudo-civil servant a hobby, an internet connection, and an incredibly slow day at work.  Strange things happen.   Grin

Good to hear you have it running again Joe!

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
2ML67
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 12:54:10 pm »

Thats nothing, try never give Gary a grinder a place to plug it in and a car to work on. Dan
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 01:46:11 pm »

and make sure the contacts in the connector are clean.

ha ha Don! all that typing and I had it.  Tongue

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Wiring Diagram « previous next »
Jump to: