Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:12:32 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Cam bolts for struts « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cam bolts for struts  (Read 2381 times)
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« on: March 15, 2004, 11:20:19 am »

Can these things be found locally, or am I better off just going to a U.S. vendor?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 12:38:56 pm by Don Guy » Logged

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
FieroDough
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 11:53:09 am »

Can these things be found locally, or am I better off just going to 8shark?

I am afraid you got me there.. what are those?
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 12:38:22 pm »

Some people call them cam bolts, some call them adjustable strut mounting bolts.  Apparently I'm the former.  Wink

It's a replacement for the lower of the two pinch bolts which fasten the strut to the rear knuckle.  The head of the bold is off-center, allowing you to make camber adjustments simply by turning the bolt head instead of yanking the whole assembly around and trying to tighten the nut back down before it moves again.

I could swear that I saw them for sale on 8shark's web site a while back, but they're not there now.  Seems that the Fiero Store has them though.  This teeny little pic from the F.S.'s catalog might help if you squint lots.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 12:39:14 pm by Don Guy » Logged

fiero308
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 01:01:52 pm »

Don
I may have a few; you are welcome to them; how urgent is the need here (time-wise)? are yours shot or lost or what?  I ask in case mine are no better.....)
(and I need a bit of time in order to dig them out!)
LMK
gp
FieroDough
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 01:18:28 pm »

Ahhh! the crazzy a$$ jump on a 6 foot pry bar and noting happesn %$#%$# Bolts! i remember them! Tongue

Yeah, I need new ones too.. and i need to makes ure they are coated with 3 gallons of antiseize. Tongue

Keep me posted if you find them. what is the Fiero store price? I'll order with you and we can save on shipping.

Cheers!
Eric
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 03:56:20 pm »

Graeme,

Not urgent at all, actually.  I need them for either my car or Sacha's, I just haven't decided which.   Roll Eyes

Both my car & Sacha's will require wheel alignments in the near future (finishing the poly job on mine, new struts for hers).  I'm going to try my hand at a wheel alignment on whichever car is ready first.  I'm going to have enough fun creating a level spot on the garage floor and reaching over/around/under things to get at the various adjustment points--if I can make adjusting the rear camber any easier, I'm all for it!

I know my car just has standard bolts at the strut/knuckle joint--I remember that much from when I changed the struts two years ago.  I have no idea what is in Sacha's car...  yet.  So I'll gladly take yours off your hands if/when you find them.  Wink

Eric,

The Fiero Store wants $20 (US) per set.  Assuming that I still need one more pair after I get my hands on Graeme's hardware  Shocked  I'm going to do a bit more digging for a local source before I commit to donating more money to Canada Customs.

fiero308
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 10:28:12 pm »

no prob, Don
I will look for them and let you know; I am fairly sure I can find a couple.
gp
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 09:13:18 am »

The Fiero Store wants $20 (US) per set.  Assuming that I still need one more pair after I get my hands on Graeme's hardware  Shocked  I'm going to do a bit more digging for a local source before I commit to donating more money to Canada Customs.

The guy who was working the parts counter at CTC last night seemed to think that they regularly stock these bolts in their "Help" rack.  Didn't see any there, but given the Carleton Place store's (usually) limited selection, that doesn't surprise me.

GoFast85
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 11:18:59 am »

Some people call them cam bolts, some call them adjustable strut mounting bolts.  Apparently I'm the former.  Wink

There we go with the word games again!
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 09:31:53 am »

There we go with the word games again!

Smiley  Touché.

GoFast85
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 10:36:29 am »

Lo Siento (apesadumbrado)  Cuban for "i'm sorry"  
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 11:09:23 am »

Sorry for what?  No offence taken.  My skin ain't that thin.   Grin

fiero308
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 02:14:19 pm »

Don
did you get some bolts already?  (You should have this unsettling sense of urgency - I have two bolts in my garage......... and think I can keep track of them?Huh?
think about that........ Grin Wink  )

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Cam bolts for struts « previous next »
Jump to: