Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:10:47 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: BRAKE JOB « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRAKE JOB  (Read 1629 times)
fiero1
Moving UP!

dark-rider

« on: May 28, 2003, 12:55:32 pm »

I have been out of the automotive trade for close to 30 years @ i am very green when it's  time to attempt to performe work on my GT.i need to replace my pads on all my 4 wheels Undecided Undecided,@ have my discs turned can anyone who has done this shoot me a bit of info on how difficult of a job this may be??? Smiley  
Boy-z
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 02:04:40 pm »

Well I am not mechanically inclined at all but the brakes are fairly easy I did my front ones and they are very straight forward nice as you get to repac the bearing all at the same time
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 08:39:30 am »

Not much to it at all.

Possibly the hardest part is remembering that in order to retract the piston in the rear calipers, you either need one of those funny little Borg cube-like tools which fits on a ratchet and lets you twist the piston back, or to remove the e-brake lever on the back of the caliper and just shove it in with a c-clamp or two.

Also, make certain you're using the right ratched head to undo the caliper guide pins.  If someone has been into the brakes before you and replaced any of the guide pins, you may have a mix of torx & allen in there.  (OEM guide pins were torx, most aftermarket that I've seen are allen.  Or is it the other way round?   Undecided)

The wrong sized allen bit will feel like it fits a torx head properly, until you give it a pull and round off the tangs of the torx head.    Cry

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: BRAKE JOB « previous next »
Jump to: