Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:33:28 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Battery position « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battery position  (Read 1648 times)
GoFast85
« on: June 27, 2003, 12:36:38 pm »

More reasons to move the battery to the front

11.3. Chrysler studies have shown that relocating the battery outside the engine compartment has increased the average battery life by eight months. Relocating the starting battery to the trunk or passenger compartment, as Mazda did in their Miata a number of years ago, is becoming more popular by the car manufacturers. This battery placement is being used by a number of car manufacturers to protect the batteries from the high under hood temperatures.

http://uuhome.de/william.darden/carfaq11.htm
fiero308
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 05:58:07 pm »

I think it is west coast fieros who have a box or plan to put it under the spare, in front, to help with weight distribution.
That is where mine is going. The 'tray' (or remains thereof) are already gone from the engine compartment.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 09:15:16 am »

V8 Archie sells a fiberglass front battery box as well.  Same idea as the one from WCF, but has a "shelf" which fits over and behind the stabilizer bar.

Mine arrived sans instructions; not sure if that's normal or not.

Rather than do the smart thing which would have been to phone or e-mail for exact location info, I tried to find the optimum location myself.

Problem is that I was off by a small amount, and the spare tire binds up between the rear-top edge of a proper-sized battery and the a/c accumulator when I try to drop it in.   Roll Eyes

So for the moment I have a 425CCA lawn tractor battery in there.   Wink
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 09:28:18 am by dguy » Logged

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 08:33:13 pm »

Ahh hell go to CT and get a boat battery cradle. As for the wire I'll hooks you's up with some great pricing for the wire.

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
fiero308
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 09:28:37 pm »

i happen to have a boat battery box that I am going to put up for sale; it is the larger of the two that CTC offers; I can get exact dims if you might be interestd.

$5 and it is yours; I think it  is about $15 or maybe more at CTC.
If you are interested; otherwise it goes to ebay with a TON of stuff that is cluttering my garage up

Roll Eyes
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 08:16:02 am »

After looking at 2ML67's (Dan's) battery relocation on Saturday, and purchasing the '88 coupe nose, I think I might place mine under the RH headlight as well.

Then I can clean up that mess that my spare tire compartment became when I installed the battery box in there!

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Battery position « previous next »
Jump to: