Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:04:17 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Interesting........Not Work Safe « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting........Not Work Safe  (Read 1477 times)
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« on: March 18, 2009, 10:49:28 am »

Sorry, But that probably dragged everyone in.   Evil

Crafty biker guy pressure bleeder
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 11:07:18 am »

Sorry, But that probably dragged everyone in.   Evil

Cheater!   Smiley

Neat idea, but I'll stick with our mighty-vac.  Two adapters will fit all of the bleeder screws we have.  To build a pressure bleeder we'd need three caps to cover the Fiero and the Beetle, and two more unique ones for the bikes.   Cheesy

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 12:46:31 am »

I have a few things to say about this idea....save your time and money.  I’ve got arguably the cheapest and simplest brake or miscellaneous brake vacuum bleeder / fluid transfer device and I don’t use it to bleed brakes anymore.

It’s a 60mL syringe with a large opening I can just push on a brake bleeding hose.  I have found that even when I have a perfect seal (which can’t ever be made) I still don’t get high enough fluid velocity to guaranty I get all the air out of the system.  I always had to bleed he system the old fashioned way afterward anyway to be sure.  So I don’t do that anymore.

I use a solo brake bleeder that cost me all of $3 form Princess Auto.  You have to modify it so that it doesn’t leak air and so that the magnet stays in place, but all that can be done with epoxy before your first use.  Because the magnet is there it’s easy to empty the reservoir without disturbing your brake fluid loop (you want to use).  You don’t need solo bleed valves, just let the fluid move back and forth a bit, you won’t draw air back into the system if you loop properly and use the right motion on the pedal.

Cheers,

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Interesting........Not Work Safe « previous next »
Jump to: