Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:00:22 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: 1984 WHITE SE « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1984 WHITE SE  (Read 1190 times)
MAKINTROUBLE973
« on: June 19, 2006, 04:53:48 pm »

I am new to the Fiero world folks so please forgive me.  I have a 1984 White SE Fiero in great condition, I am considering selling this because I have no need for a second car, not to mention 3 kids and a 2 seater just doesn't work. I have no real idea how much this car would be worth but I think  $ 1750 is reasonable.  The car has 90,000 km's, the previous owner had the engine rebuilt, transmision rebuild, put new tires on it, new gas tank, and new battery. It has a sunroof, power windows, power mirrors, and a nice cd player.
Dave @ 613-851-5861
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 09:07:59 pm »

Unfortunately, Fiero buyers are few and far between.  Price is usually determined by the desperation of the seller.  84's are (to me) the least desirable, although the most plentiful. With the possibility of a long wait for a buyer, I would have the car inspected and provide the prospective buyer with a report of items needed for a safety.  Getting a safety is the best, but it means a 30 day window for a sale.

The most important item for someone who knows, is chassis rust.  This presents itself in the sides of the trunk (behind the carpet), the battery area, and progressing to the frame rails and cradle.  The frame rails are hidden by the plastic fender liners.  A rotten cradle makes the car unsafe to drive.

With the amount of work done to your car, it should bring up to 2500.00  It sounds like a nice driver or beginner Fiero.  It doesn't take long for the urge for more power to take hold. The repairs etc. done should make the car reliable for some time to come.

You might also consider the following as possible sites to advertise.
  Pennock's Forum (mostly USA) http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro
GTA Club (Toronto)
http://gtafieroclub.suddenlaunch2.com/index.cgi
Fiero Montreal (thru their forum) 
www.fieromontreal.com

You might also try Chris Stockton here, who might be looking for a Fiero again.
MacPhail
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 09:17:03 pm »

84's are (to me) the least desirable, although the most plentiful.

Hey!  '84 owner here!   Tongue

Cheers, Derek
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: 1984 WHITE SE « previous next »
Jump to: